IVA superspec seats

RH2BJS

Hi,

I am still currently building my superspec and hoping to get it through the IVA, one day!

anyway, I have the GBS seats fitted in the car but I am unsure of where they need to sit in the car. I am working my way through the IVA manual and have found that the seats are currently too low for the harnesses.

I have been trying to research the spacing for the harness bolts (on the roll hoop) as they go through the seats and also the backrests? They are fixed backrests.

If anybody can show me where they have placed there seats in their cars / measurements for the iva that would be helpful

Many thanks.

2.jpg.af0848c97dd5d49501d030676012630e.jpg1.jpg.f11197e31bfe050411d7af800e484304.jpg3.jpg.9fae6575f2145fefe0ae79957caec0b1.jpg

Those aren't the standard seats that came with the Superspec, we have ex-Vauxhall Vectra Recaro seats.   I guess the reason you are getting this problem is that the Superpec has a specially lowered floor to allow for tall people.    Are the seats on runners ?   Ours are, so that means we can bolt them directly to the floor.   Also we don't have the harness holes in the headrest that you have.

Sorry, that doesn't really help you much

Al

There is minimal choice about where the seats go horizontally - it looks like you just need to raise them up. If they haven't got runners, adding those will help. I had a similar problem in my Zero and I added chunky bars underneath to raise them up (they strangely fell off soon after IVA 😉) - details in my blog here:

https://zerolifebuild.blogspot.com/2017/05/going-up-in-world.html

Hi, thanks for the replies so far.

yes the seats are already on runners which I guess were supplied with the seats when they sold them

I was thinking about the harness postion and whether they would be correct on the roll hoop through the seats. Once the seats are raised up.

Thanks.

I had similar seats in my 2B and bolted a length of flat bar between the harness holes on the chassis (about 30mm x 6mm flat I think).  I then bolted the belts to the bar at the correct position & spacing for the holes in the seats.   I have since swapped seats and harnesses which now fit differently so I can only go from memory.

Hope this helps, Steve