Carbon Fiber Rear Boot lid

RickDaley

Good Morning All

Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong place.

Looking for advice on where I can get a carbon fiber boot lid manufactured for a Robin Hood 2B.

I become the owner of this beauty below last Sunday, I’m sure someone on here used to own this at some point.

im looking to change a few things around, seats back to classic or narrow seats. Update interior and change the colour way of vehicle.

Appreciate your support guys.

57B2D140-134A-4531-BC8A-5725450B9068.jpeg

I'm not sure any carbon fibre will look right on an older kit 🙃, unless you're planning to change loads of other bits to carbon?

Never been a great fan of the stuff - OK for a track car and maybe useful there if you're chasing tenths of a second off your lap time but not on a road car. 

• Like 1

Thanks Nelmo,

Do you have any good recommendations on where to source material such a piping or leather so that I can re do the boot lid? 

I’ve just took apart the three sections could do with re upholstering if I’m not going down the carbon route.

thank for your help in advanced.

728D6182-AE00-4B79-B9D0-2F189E1ADE05.jpeg

1 minute ago, alanrichey said:

Unless you are talking about something else, the carbon fibre rear end on the Superspec is not the real thing, it is actually plastic, it just looks like carbon fibre 😀

1.jpg

Thanks Alan, this is what I meant.

Need to decided if to make plastic panels then and coat with carbon fibre or take the old panels off and re upholster.

thank you for your quick reply 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, alanrichey said:

Unless you are talking about something else, the carbon fibre rear end on the Superspec is not the real thing, it is actually plastic, it just looks like carbon fibre 😀

1.jpg

Thanks Nelmo,

Do you have any good recommendations on where to source material such a piping or leather so that I can re do the boot lid? 

I’ve just took apart the three sections could do with re upholstering if I’m not going down the carbon route.

thank for your help in advanced.

CCCAE0A2-A5FA-46CA-B2ED-A64FDB1B772D.jpeg