Northwest Group run out update.

Stephen Percival

Good morning all

Just to update you on our proposed run out on the 4th December to Southport and onwards. The meeting point will be the Car Park off the A49 Preston Road opp Collingwood St Standish nr Wigan.  Subject to extreme weather, I would like to start our run at 11 am. We run down to Southport for some chips or what ever floats your food boat. After a show run through the main drag, if you are up for it we will head to Formby and see the cast iron men in the Sea. If anyone wants to enhance the day chip in. It is your club, your voice.

See you all soon. Steve P.👋

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, Stephen Percival said:

Darrell if it is your box that has split I can lend you one of mine to get you through next week run out. Steve

Thanks, its the manifold to pipe connection, all should be well, the pipe has arrived and the welder has said he can turn it around in time, all down to me fitting it before Saturday!! I got this 🤞

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, Darrell said:

Thanks, its the manifold to pipe connection, all should be well, the pipe has arrived and the welder has said he can turn it around in time, all down to me fitting it before Saturday!! I got this 🤞

Sorry guys, I haven't got this!!!! I ordered the wrong pipe got OD and ID mixed up, re ordered and it hasn't arrived so 'Rupert' has no exhaust and I wont be able to make the drive out tomorrow. Gutted isn't the word. 

Yes I have named my Robin Hood, the first car I have named, it seemed right, have you named yours?

See you all on zoom next week 🙂

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Darrell

Glad someone asked.

Waited at the car park untill 11:15 then in a convoy of one went round my idea of the route.

I have never seen the sea so far into the land at Southport, not a single sign of sand, sea was trying to get over the wall to the north of Southport.

At Crosby the sea was washing right up to the car park with lots of rubble on the tarmac.

The heads of another place by Gormley were showing through the surf.

You missed a memoriable trip but I know that my weather gear mostly works.

My Ozee suit was more than up to the conditions. https://www.ozee.co.uk/

Look forward to meeting everyone in the flesh.

We should have gone on Sunday.

Ian

11 hours ago, IanS said:

Glad someone asked.

Waited at the car park untill 11:15 then in a convoy of one went round my idea of the route.

I have never seen the sea so far into the land at Southport, not a single sign of sand, sea was trying to get over the wall to the north of Southport.

At Crosby the sea was washing right up to the car park with lots of rubble on the tarmac.

The heads of another place by Gormley were showing through the surf.

You missed a memoriable trip but I know that my weather gear mostly works.

My Ozee suit was more than up to the conditions. https://www.ozee.co.uk/

Look forward to meeting everyone in the flesh.

We should have gone on Sunday.

Ian

Sorry to hear the weather was bad, I’d of loved to make it out myself, no luck tho mines defeating me, hopefully it’ll be fixed for the new year….. hopefully use will all be on the zoom meeting