Northwest Group run out update.

Stephen Percival

2 hours ago, Darrell said:

Hi All,

Not being knowledgeable in any way of the area around Chorley and Bolton I have had a scan on a map and would this route be OK for a run out?

It works out 50 mins with no traffic plus your travel there. Which would cover Shaun's suggestion of a getting out for a few hours, 3 hours for me plus chat and tyre kicking and maybe refreshment at the pub or the Boatyard Bus Café a little further north, or any other suggestions.

Are the roads suitable? not too many speed restrictions and speed cameras, plenty of sweeping bends to enjoy, not too busy... (perhaps someone has some knowledge of the roads) Not sure if I would get chance to recce the route depending on when we go and weather. We could start and finish at a pub (The Cherry Tree at Blackrod) that seems to have a good sized car park, anyone know this place?

Thoughts?

Chorley area run out.jpg

I’d be happy with that personally…. Seems ok to me 👍

I live in Bolton and that route looks ok but will have to watch out on the A675 as there are average speed cameras. The Cherry Tree is a good pub/restaurant (not sure if you have to book these days).

Unfortunately my car is in bits at the moment and at the rate I am going at it will take another couple of years before it is ready for the IVA. But I am keen on meeting up for a chat and to see other cars that might give me some ideas for my car.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2bTom said:

I live in Bolton and that route looks ok but will have to watch out on the A675 as there are average speed cameras. The Cherry Tree is a good pub/restaurant (not sure if you have to book these days).

Unfortunately my car is in bits at the moment and at the rate I am going at it will take another couple of years before it is ready for the IVA. But I am keen on meeting up for a chat and to see other cars that might give me some ideas for my car.

You can ride in mine if you want mate

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 9:09 PM, 2bTom said:

Thanks for sharing your local knowledge, perhaps if you team up with Shaun you could be the navigator 🙂

I have a bit of work to do on mine, was planning a cheeky run out in the good weather we had and he wouldn't start!!!! Couldn't see anything obvious, so hoping to spend a bit of time later this week to get him running again.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, shaun_tomo88 said:

Hi Darrell, I had the same problem last week, wouldn’t start luckily for me was a bad ignition lead, enjoyed a good run out yesterday, I think I’m over the worst of my problems now fingers crossed, going to make a start on all the cosmetics 👍

Fingers crossed that it is something straight forward for me, glad you had a good run out.