Propshaft bolts

deano266

Just beenbdriving the kit in this beautiful (cough cough) weather and a very large vibration was coming through the entire car.

First thought was balancing but garage said was all OK but at speeds like that it won't be tyres. 

Upon inspection one of the propshaft bolts attaching the mt75 gearbox to the shaft is missing the nut and looks snapped. Probably happened at the garage when clutch was done and hadn't noticed or bothered to tell me.

What are the bolts that are required and what torque setting should I use

Thanks

I had vibration at high speeds once. It was a flat spot on the tyre after leaving it garaged for a few months over winter. 

Does sound like it could be your prop though.

But to rule out the tyres, Jack your car wheels up a couple of my ml of the floor and spin them. You'll see an out of shape tyre quite easily.

Andi

If you had new tyre(s) fitted check that they have settled on the bead correctly.
Ive had a tyre that balanced perfectly, but the car had an awful vibration. Close inspection showed that on the inside of the tyre one half was still in the rim recess.
I also pump up my tyres to 40psi before storage hoping to stave off any flat spots. Hope it works as the cars been in the garage for 2 years. Dont ask!!!