Wiring diagram

DPC

We have a Robin hood 2B with 2lt Pinto.  Not one wire on it.   I am going to do my loom from scratch Has anyone go a decent Wiring diagram, all the ones I can see are far to complected.

Ps never done anything like this before,

For the life of me I can't see why people make their own looms unless they're some kind of masochist with too much time on their hands.

Looms are available off the shelf, if you hit problems there's no shortage of people to ask for advice and the time it'll save can be spent finishing off other things on the car.

btw, I'm someone who's spent many hours sorting out other people's shi**y kit car wiring.

• Haha 1

Just follow the Haynes manual & leave out the bits not required -- the donor provides nearly all the correct colour coded wires necessary.  

It is after all a kit car, built by you ; not a slap together job made in a spare week-end.

Sure there can be problems, the rest of the car will provide more; it's getting over them that makes it YOUR car.

2 hours ago, richyb66 said:

For the life of me I can't see why people make their own looms unless they're some kind of masochist with too much time on their hands.

Cost - if you buy GBSs full loom set (main, dash and engine), it's over £1k. Although I am sure there are cheaper options elsewhere?

However, I agree, I would still rather buy an off-the-shelf option 🙂 . I compromised and bought the main GBS loom for mine and then made my own dash and engine looms, which were much simpler as the main loom had the fusebox and relays already done; the bits I had no idea about.

Unless stripped back donor harnesses are a mess, I did my RH with individual wires from CBS module to alternator, lights, dash, starter motor, dozy module, coil etc etc no problems with no experience eventually becoming a harness that followed the lines of my car and neatly wrapped  in split plastic  wiring conduit clipped to body