Sliding Pillar Conversation

JPP

Dear All,

My 2B started its life in 1999, has had two previous owners and I am in the final stages of getting it ready for IVA.

Currently it has sliding pillar suspension. I’ve got most of the parts to convert her to wishbones but should I do this pre or post IVA?

Is there information anywhere on how to perform the conversation. 

Many thanks

John

Leave it until after IVA or you'll never get the car finished.

Sliding pillar conversion has been widely covered before, have a read through some of these threads:

https://www.rhocar.org/index.php?/search/&q="pillar conversion"&search_and_or=or

The GBS comes with instructions, if you could get hold of a set of these, it would be a good starting point.

Hi

I was in the same situation decided to get iva done first and then do the upgrade, but then the summer came and I decided to use the car and do it over winter. The upgrade parts are still in a box in the shed 😄.

I brought the full upgrade kit from kitspares and they were more than helpful with information and photos. Plan on doing it over the next month and will also take photos along the way.  Good luck with your iva.

Thanks Lee,

The more I look at it the more I think I will follow the same route as you. Get the IVA done first. 

did your kit come with instructions? If so would you mind sending me a copy?

kind regards 

John

47 minutes ago, JPP said:

Thanks Lee,

The more I look at it the more I think I will follow the same route as you. Get the IVA done first. 

did your kit come with instructions? If so would you mind sending me a copy?

kind regards 

John

No unfortunately but they did send me loads of photos, some with measurements on. I'll dig them out later.