RH Super spec wiper motor

Tony S

Does anyone have a picture of the plug in connecter showing the actual wire colouring.

The motor I have was supplied without a connector and I am unable to source one.

i am trying use individual spade connectors but I am struggling to identify which colour wire fits onto which pin.

Which wiper motor do you have? The Superspec was supplied with a Sierra motor with cut and modified linkage rods. As this is quite bulky behind the dashboard lots of people fitted the Lucas 14W wiper motor instead. This is quite compact and simple with a push-pull cable drive to the wiper axle boxes.

I can’t help if you have the Sierra motor, as I fitted the Lucas motor to my Superspec. Parts can be obtained from SVC and they have the 5 pin connector available…

https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/wiper-motor-connector-kit/

and a wiring diagram is at

https://www.s-v-c.co.uk/wiper-systems/

Let me know if you need more help. 

Hi Andy,

I have the Sierra modified wiper motor.

I think I have solved the wiring issue. The body of the motor is the live side of the circuit with the speed connections going to earth.

I will load a picture when I can reduce the size of the file

the motor runs at both speeds and the park feature is also working.

how much is the Lucas system ?

Thanks Tony

I bought my Lucas wiper motor used off eBay, but both SVC and Car Builder Solutions do a complete kit new for about £160 +vat. Comes with the motor, mounting strap, bundy tubes and 2 wheel box gears with wiper spindles. You can choose different gearing to get the correct sweep angle. 

I have the modified original Sierra wiper motor with the original loom, so like you have multi speed and park etc .... there are a couple of challenges when you use the Sierra wipers, I should mention, because they will not crop up with the Lucas wipers. 1. the Sierra wiper motor was designed to live outside of the passenger compartment, ahead of the bulkhead, thus has no need for any water proofing seal where the wiper shafts poke through the holes in that grill that runs along the under the windscreen of the Sierra. If you fit these wipers behind the bulkhead then you need to waterproof the shafts where they poke through the scuttle. You will have to figure out how to do this yourself. 2. I found that as standard the Sierra wipers park to the right and its hard to get them to both park neatly down, so one gets a bit in the way when looking through the screen (for the driver that is), so a modification to the way in which the driving arm attaches to the motor is required to have them park out of the way on the left. Unless of couse the kit that you bought included a solution for these challenges.

Edited by Sparepart
add

Thank you for the price info on the Lucas wiper system.

Thanks for the info on the Sierra wipers. At this stage of the built I was trying to make sure the system worked, as I don not intend to fit the window screen until after the IVA test.

I understand the park position can be moved by repositioning the cam plate within the motor so that it can be changed from right to left park.

Car builders solutions have a Wiper wheel wedge sleeve that I was intending to use too create a seal. The other alternative was to machine a a sleeve from Nylon to create the seal.

19 hours ago, fry61 said:

Take care --the IVA inspector MAY consider the sight of wiper/washer/heater holes to be an indication that the car is/will be modified shortly after.

Nah, they won't - I had all my holes ready to go - I even had mounting holes in the firewall for the motor! I doubt they're allowed to think that way otherwise nothing would get through - there are huge numbers of things that could change after IVA...