Zetec Zero Alternator Needed

Andi

Does anyone have an alternator that fits an early Zetec Zero?

Mine has given up. The alternator is a 110620 alternator hc cargo. But it looks different to most that are on Google.

Cheers

Andi

alt1.jpg

alt 2.jpg

alt 3.jpg

Edited by Andi

Could your alternator not be repaired?

I have had good repairs from my local auto electrician, MC alternators in warrington, tel 01925 415275.

This is an old fashoned 1 man operation so no web site but good service.

Those HC alternators are a pile of junk - mine died on me after 6 months as well. GBS have stopped using them now, they did only sell the Denso version (although I see a Powerlite model on their website now?), which is where I got mine from.

Bit pricey at £220 so might be cheaper to repair, as Ian says....although you'll be repairing junk to slightly-less-junk IMO 🙂 

19 hours ago, Andi said:

Well it lasted 11 years. So not too bad. However I found the tension bracket snapped too. That's 2 brackets snapped. Not even near the welds.

Not quality metals that's for sure

Get yourself to greens only round the corner from where you used to live in Leicester 

I know mate. Greens have been my saviour on a number of occasions. But I found an alternator shop near me in a village. Strange but true. They also had one in stock with a long guarantee. And they swapped the pulley over too. So, a happy man I am.

Edited by Andi