North West Meet-Ups/Events???

Nicholas M Walker

Hi All,

How about a ride out to the next Corner House meet up...

What? - The Corner House meets for enthusiasts of classic & collectors cars & bikes

When? - Sunday 4th September,

Time? – runs from 8.30am until about 12.30pm. 

Where? -Charity Farm, Smithy Brow, Toogood Lane, Wrightington, Nr Wigan, Lancashire WN6 9PP

Search Corner House Meets on Facebook.

See earlier posts for pictures from previous times, pictures look great on social media, a well-attended car meet, brew and snacks available. 

Not sure if I will get there, due to holiday.

Let me know if you are planning on going, perhaps discuss locations/ routes/ meeting points etc for future runs out.

Darrell

Hi All,

I have just been reminded that the next Wheels Up North event is this Sunday...

See below for further details, a couple of members are going, any more thinking? Don't forget to post some pictures and maybe some blurb of your trip on this thread for all to enjoy.

Thanks for the reminder Gordon (rdeagle1029) enjoy your trip

httpswww.wheelsupnorth.co.ukevent-detailswheels-up-north-weekend-show-augustfbclid=IwAR3llQy7fHKJ3B1UR2P9nVdbY-9hpyVGV5VHU 

image.thumb.png.04c821296f9c81a9984b697dc5a5cbc4.png

A couple of our local members had a run out...

Nice little drive out from Blackpool to Sabden via Stoneyhurst college. Then onto the Well Springs pub for a bite to eat before driving back. Only the 2nd outing with the replacement 2.0 litre Pinto, believed to be out of  71/72 Ford Mustang. Drove like a dream and never missed a beat. Nice country roads up to the Well Springs and great food too. Well worth a drive out, Gordon (rdeagle1029)

Stoneyhurst College.JPG

view from the pub.JPG

On 8/26/2022 at 3:39 PM, Darrell said:

A couple of our local members had a run out...

Nice little drive out from Blackpool to Sabden via Stoneyhurst college. Then onto the Well Springs pub for a bite to eat before driving back. Only the 2nd outing with the replacement 2.0 litre Pinto, believed to be out of  71/72 Ford Mustang. Drove like a dream and never missed a beat. Nice country roads up to the Well Springs and great food too. Well worth a drive out, Gordon (rdeagle1029)

Stoneyhurst College.JPG

view from the pub.JPG

Hi,

What route did you take from sabden back to Blackpool? I am still trying to decide the best way to go. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tom09tom said:

Went to Blackpool yesterday. Nice day, stopped at St Annes, then drove up the front to Fleetwood. A good run out. 

sketch-1663497877405.jpg

Hi, glad you had a great run out, you should have said I would have met up with you and had a run along the prom with you, have fun, Darrell

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The next Corner House car meet is this Sunday from 0830am, see the Facebook poster below.

Members of the club have been regular attendees all summer, fingers crossed for the weather to be kind on Sunday.

Please post some pictures on here if you have a run out.

Take care.

May be an image of 4 people, car, outdoors and text

Are there any car meets/ shows near you coming soon, perhaps the last few of the season? then post the details on here.

Remember if you are planning a run out and fancy some company, put some details on here and someone may meet up with you.

Have fun everyone 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:47 AM, Darrell said:

Hi All,

The next Corner House car meet is this Sunday from 0830am, see the Facebook poster below.

Members of the club have been regular attendees all summer, fingers crossed for the weather to be kind on Sunday.

Please post some pictures on here if you have a run out.

Take care.

May be an image of 4 people, car, outdoors and text

image.thumb.png.731e76b3f48014d9025bf2d1054704c3.png

• 1 month later...

Drive Through the Blackpool Illuminations.

When: Friday 2nd December 2022

Time: 7.30pm arrive, set off at 7.45pm

Meet: B&Q Blackpool, Whitehills, Car Park 

Plan: meet at B&Q car park, set off in convoy and drive through the lights from South to North, grab a bag of chips, park up at a community car park nearby, eat chips, 'kick some tyres' and go home.

Link to B&Q directions, dead easy just south of the M55 junction 4 - https://www.diy.com/store/1313?utm_source=google&utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=1313

Check your diaries and let me know if you are coming then we don't leave anyone behind.

Weather says it's gonna be dry all week.

Four hardy individuals in three cars braved the cold but dry weather to drive through the Blackpool Illuminations. Thanks goodness for the warmth of a Pinto keeping all but my shoulder tops warm 😀

True to form I forgot to take any photos until the very end.

When did chippies start shutting at 8pm!?!?!?! we found one though and enjoyed a bag of chips and a chat about our cars and learn a bit more about each other. 

A great evening, thanks chaps

Darrell

IMG_8692.JPG

• Like 2