North West Meet-Ups/Events???

Nicholas M Walker

A couple of us braved the frigid temperatures today and met up at the Charity Farm car meet, great to have a brew and a catch up with Ian. It seemed to be Porsche day today and mainly "tin tops".

Attached are a couple of photos of cars that caught my eye. (not sure why they are upside down!!)

Here's to the next run out

Darrell

IMG_8841.JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

IMG_8843.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Ian and I met up at the "No man left behind" car meet at the Lightning Club, Bae Warton today. Had a brew and a chat whilst viewing and chatting with the owners of some of the 'more than' 200 cars on show, ranging from kits to classics and more modern 'personalised' cars.

Great set up, well organised, here's to the next one

Charity Farm Car meet tomorrow, details on the calendar, sorry I wont be there my 2B has been struck by an 'electrical gremlin' giving me a task to complete tomorrow, if any members go take some piccies and post on here, take care

• 4 weeks later...

This Sunday it's the first in the month so it is time for the Corner House meet at Charity Farm 

event time - 0830 to 1230pm 'ish

where: Charity Farm Fisheries, Wrightington, Smithy Brow, Wigan, WN6 9PP

Any one in the area up for a meet up, brew and chat?

Weather permitting see you there about 1030am

On 3/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, Darrell said:

This Sunday it's the first in the month so it is time for the Corner House meet at Charity Farm 

event time - 0830 to 1230pm 'ish

where: Charity Farm Fisheries, Wrightington, Smithy Brow, Wigan, WN6 9PP

Any one in the area up for a meet up, brew and chat?

Weather permitting see you there about 1030am

Myself and 2BTom met up at Charity farm this morning, wow what a busy meet and a right old collection of cars and bikes to look at, we also met up with 2 new RH owners and new members (fingers crossed!) 

First Sunday of every month see you at the next one?

CF 020423.jpg

ce6af576-b870-42ed-b8ec-29aec1fe028b.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I hope you are all managing to get out and enjoy your pride and joys 😀

One of the UJ bearings on my prop shaft has 'broken'!!! noticed a clunk whilst having a drive around Gisburn and Ingleton, and found the culprit the other day, I now have to work out how to get at the prop shaft to take it off and get it repaired. Sods law the weather now is taking a turn for the better and MOT is due soon.

Don't forget to advertise when you plan to go out for a run as another club member may meet up with you, post some pictures and have some fun, thanks.

fingers crossed i get mine back on the road and can join you all

have fun, Darrell. 

IMG_9183.jpg

Just in case you are not aware....

If you cut the floor in the area shown in red the prop shaft will come out without the need to take the engine and gearbox out. I don't have a picture with it done but I'm sure you will see what I mean once you are under the back.

Floor.JPG.510dbb3816c72bf01c7985c0e9644e77.JPG

2 hours ago, Derek said:

Just in case you are not aware....

If you cut the floor in the area shown in red the prop shaft will come out without the need to take the engine and gearbox out. I don't have a picture with it done but I'm sure you will see what I mean once you are under the back.

Floor.JPG.510dbb3816c72bf01c7985c0e9644e77.JPG

Brill thanks 

Hi Darell,

As Derek says, my 2B had a removable plate just about there.  It was screwed to the floor with 4 self-tappers and made it easy to get the prop out.  Ideally though you want the car well in the air or over a pit in order to do it.

Steve

I've just taken the prop out of my Superspec (similar to a 2B). I don't think I could cut a hole in the floor panel that Derek has marked, as there is a large (6"x2") L shaped angle iron crossing the whole width of the car in that area. The seats, seat belts, and handbrake adjusters are all bolted through this for strength. Don't know if that's unique to the builder of my Superspec, or if they all have it?

To remove my propshaft, I had to undo the 3 bolts on the gearbox UJ, and the 4 bolts on the diff UJ, pull the 2 sections apart at the spline joint, and remove the tube from the rear and the spline joint from the top of the tunnel.  All to replace a missing rubber dust seal on the spline joint!

thanks guys for all your advice, this morning ably assisted by fellow members Gordon & Carl we managed to extricate the prop shaft via the removed drivers side tunnel panel a bit of a faf, I have a chassis rail stopping me drop it out under the diff. Thanks Gordon & Carl 😀 Just got to replace the UJ now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's me back on the road after fitting new UJ's to Rupert's prop shaft 😀

Next big run out will be the Kit car show @ Malvern on 3rd June and to support the Club AGM at 3pm.

I am planning there and back in a day from Blackpool, weather permitting of course.

Any one up for joining me? We could meet up on the way down at certain points, no plans to use the motorways. Let me know.

IanS has suggested...

We meet at the Cat & Lion pub Stretton WA4 4NB at 9am on Saturday 3rd June.

Follow the A49 south past Whitchurch, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Leominster.

Turn off A49 onto the A417 at Hope under Dinmore to Ledbury.

Then A449 to Malvern.

Let me know if you are up for the trip and we could all meet up as suggested above. 

Kit car show @ Malvern on 3rd June and to support the Club AGM at 4pm.

How's this for a plan....

9am meet at the Cat & Lion Pub (WA4 4NB) 

Set off not long after that and drive down to the show, staying clear of the motorways this will take about 3 hours.

Follow the A49 south past Whitchurch, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Leominster.

Turn off A49 onto the A417 at Hope under Dinmore to Ledbury.

Then A449 to Malvern.

Meet up at the club stand, chat kit cars, have a wander around, 4pm club AGM and then set off home.

Weather forecast is for a dry and sunny weekend  🤞

Who's up for it?

CAskew is hoping to meet us at the Cat & Lion and wave us off, he is making it a family trip on the Sunday 👍

So far there is Darrell, GambolGold, IanS,.......

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another car meet for your diaries...

No Man Left Behind Car Group are celebrating their 4th Birthday...

When: Sunday 11th June

Time: 11am * 4pm

Where: Lightning Club, BAe, Mill Lane, Warton PR4 1AQ 

On site cafe and bar, kids entertainment, bouncy castle, stalls, dog friendly, it's FREE and of course a plethora of cars, motorcycles, trucks... to look at and chat about.

See Facebook for more about the club and their car meets around the north west.

A great chance for us to meet up

Let me know if you are going, I may be able to get an area for us to park up together,

See you there.

Darrell