North West Meet-Ups/Events???

Nicholas M Walker

On 5/13/2023 at 10:34 AM, Darrell said:

Kit car show @ Malvern on 3rd June and to support the Club AGM at 4pm.

How's this for a plan....

9am meet at the Cat & Lion Pub (WA4 4NB) 

Set off not long after that and drive down to the show, staying clear of the motorways this will take about 3 hours.

Follow the A49 south past Whitchurch, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Leominster.

Turn off A49 onto the A417 at Hope under Dinmore to Ledbury.

Then A449 to Malvern.

Meet up at the club stand, chat kit cars, have a wander around, 4pm club AGM and then set off home.

Weather forecast is for a dry and sunny weekend  🤞

Who's up for it?

CAskew is hoping to meet us at the Cat & Lion and wave us off, he is making it a family trip on the Sunday 👍

So far there is Darrell, GambolGold, IanS,.......

Hi All,

Any more joining us on Saturday? Or going up on Sunday/ under your own steam?

Weather is looking good.

Let me know

Darrell

Hi All,

IanS, GamboGold and I met up at Warrington along with CAskew (who waved us off on this day but drove down on Sunday with family to enjoy day 2) we then drove down in convoy to Malvern along the A49, what a great road, fantastic views, included a fast truck!! (if you were there you know!!) and led us to the kit car show.

We saw new models being shown e.g. the 4 wheel drive dieci, electric speedster, MK's new turbo (to name a few), perused the tools/ spare parts, new instruments, etc and viewed the hundreds of kit cars parked up at the many club stands. The weather was beautiful and everyone was friendly and all to willing to chat about their cars and their build/ modify and repair experiences. If you didn't go you missed out. 

There was an array of food places, brew shops and of course a bar!

I drove back after the club AGM leaving IanS and GambolGold to pitch their tents and prepare for the evening entertainment.

A drive back up the A49 saw a clear road with a smattering of vehicles and a smile on my face as I had a fun drive home back to Blackpool. All in all a great day. Next long trip on the horizon is Newark, I hope they have booked the weather.

Darrell

Nat. Kit Car Show 2023 030623.jpg

On 5/23/2023 at 8:27 AM, Darrell said:

Here's another car meet for your diaries...

No Man Left Behind Car Group are celebrating their 4th Birthday...

When: Sunday 11th June

Time: 11am * 4pm

Where: Lightning Club, BAe, Mill Lane, Warton PR4 1AQ 

On site cafe and bar, kids entertainment, bouncy castle, stalls, dog friendly, it's FREE and of course a plethora of cars, motorcycles, trucks... to look at and chat about.

See Facebook for more about the club and their car meets around the north west.

A great chance for us to meet up

Let me know if you are going, I may be able to get an area for us to park up together,

See you there.

Darrell

Hi All,

Here's a suggestion we meet up at this car meet at 11am, then leave about noon and go on a drive out pick up the A59 out of Preston, A682 at Gisburn onto the A65 stopping for a brew at the Goat Gap Cafe, Newby, continue on A65, left onto A687, then A683 and A6 south to Guys thatched hamlet where we can all go our own way back home.

Alternatively meet up at the BP service station, by the Tickled Trout hotel at M6 junction 31 at 11am and drive the route suggested above. 

let me know what you prefer to do, my thought is the latter suggestion.

Thoughts

On 6/9/2023 at 8:18 PM, Darrell said:

Hi All,

Here's a suggestion we meet up at this car meet at 11am, then leave about noon and go on a drive out pick up the A59 out of Preston, A682 at Gisburn onto the A65 stopping for a brew at the Goat Gap Cafe, Newby, continue on A65, left onto A687, then A683 and A6 south to Guys thatched hamlet where we can all go our own way back home.

Alternatively meet up at the BP service station, by the Tickled Trout hotel at M6 junction 31 at 11am and drive the route suggested above. 

let me know what you prefer to do, my thought is the latter suggestion.

Thoughts

Had a great run out today, unfortunately I was billy no mates 😄

Did the above mentioned route in reverse, stopped for a brew at the Goat Gap cafe and had a great drive.

Anyone else go out for a run? post some details on here, if you plan any drive outs and would like company put the details on the NW Events section and I am sure someone may join you and we can get the area members together.

have fun everyone.

• 1 month later...

As you all know it's the Newark Kit Car Show this weekend.

I have my eyes firmly fixed on the weather apps/ reports, keeps changing!!!!

If it looks favourable I am still planning a trip down on the Saturday via the Woodhead Pass, fingers crossed.

Who else is watching the weather or even going whatever?

Let's all meet up!

Hi All,

Let's all have a drive out and meet up. One of the members (Phil Lilley) has very kindly organised and reserved 12 parking places for us to all use, park together and chat. To cap it all there is a small tea room on site to grab a brew. 

When - Sunday 13th August 

Time - 10am

Where - National Trust Car Park, Alderley Edge, SK10 4UB

Phil also has offered a look around the nearby mines (helmets and lamps provided) for those interested. 

All we need is some lovely August weather, I will be there, who else? Really could do with knowing who is coming just in case we need to reserve any more parking places 🤞

Check your diaries and let me know.

Also any one else interested in joining the 'what's app' group, might be easier to communicate important info on the day of this and any other planned events rather than messaging on this forum. Send me a personal message with your mobile number and I can add you.

Thanks, 

Darrell.

On 7/18/2023 at 8:23 AM, Darrell said:

As you all know it's the Newark Kit Car Show this weekend.

I have my eyes firmly fixed on the weather apps/ reports, keeps changing!!!!

If it looks favourable I am still planning a trip down on the Saturday via the Woodhead Pass, fingers crossed.

Who else is watching the weather or even going whatever?

As it stands now with the weather forecast, I wont be venturing over to Newark, but never say never will review in the morning 🤞 🙂 

Hi Darrell,

I haven't been up to Alderley Edge for a good few years (I used to a member of the NT).  I'd love to nip up there again & have a natter with you. I'm definitely interested & even better if you can arrange some decent weather !

Steve

On 7/21/2023 at 9:53 PM, Foz said:

Hi Darrell,

I haven't been up to Alderley Edge for a good few years (I used to a member of the NT).  I'd love to nip up there again & have a natter with you. I'm definitely interested & even better if you can arrange some decent weather !

Steve

Fab, Fingers crossed for favourable weather, thanks for replying.

Message from Darrell as he is having a problem accessing the forum from his iphone.

This Sunday 6th August it's the first in the month so it is time for the Corner House meet at Charity Farm 

event time - 0830 to 1230pm 'ish

where: Charity Farm Fisheries, Wrightington, Smithy Brow, Wigan, WN6 9PP

Any one in the area up for a meet up, brew and chat?

On 8/3/2023 at 9:02 PM, 2bTom said:

Message from Darrell as he is having a problem accessing the forum from his iphone.

This Sunday 6th August it's the first in the month so it is time for the Corner House meet at Charity Farm 

event time - 0830 to 1230pm 'ish

where: Charity Farm Fisheries, Wrightington, Smithy Brow, Wigan, WN6 9PP

Any one in the area up for a meet up, brew and chat?

Thanks Tom, am back on. Weather permitting I will be getting there about 1000-1015 ish

1 hour ago, Darrell said:

Thanks Tom, am back on. Weather permitting I will be getting there about 1000-1015 ish

Just seen on Facebook that the organisers have cancelled this event. Next one scheduled for September 3rd.

• Thanks 1