Sad News.

richyb66

It's with great sadness that I'm writing to say the Bob Fry passed away last week.

Bob was a stalwart of the club having been the long time Area Secretary for Hants and Dorset and also Club Treasurer for a number of years. He and his wife Sylvia had moved down to Cornwall a few years ago so had been less involved with the club but prior to this they were regular attendees of shows and great supporters of local events in their distinctive 2B Florin, no matter how far away they were.

I'm sure everyone will be sending Sylvia, their family and friends  best wishes at this difficult time.

545398_10150919622737992_536965093_n.jpg

Bob giving a passenger ride in Florin (photo credit Facebook).

I have just spoken to Sylvia who is bearing up well in the circumstances. As soon as funeral details are finalised, she will let us know if anyone wishes to attend.

This is sad to hear I meet Bob a number of times over the years and had received some good advice during my what is now a very long build. I am sure he will be greatly missed by all. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Steve D

Truly sad and very sudden? He seemed to be really enjoying his new life messing about in boats.

I met him a couple of times, someone fully commited to his car, the club and a great example to me, a newbie at the time. 

RIP Sir 😔

Very sad. My favourite memory was when we went to his house for the annual camp over and we made mini boats and tried to sail them in his pond, mine and Keith's failed miserably. Bob gave the members some good advice and whilst he sometimes said the wrong thing he always had the best interests of the club at heart. 

Xx

RIP Bob,

I only met him a couple of times but it always felt as if I'd known him for years.

Our condolences to his family, particularly Sylvia.

Steve & Yvonne

RIP Bob always the big friendly smile and that Haughty Laugh. 

You will be missed Condolences to Sylvia and your family.

KEEP THE PEDAL TO THE METAL YOUNG MAN and thank you for your kindness and friendship.

Cheers,

Steve.

So sorry to hear this, deepest condolences to his family and friends. I never met him in person, but he was one of the quickest with advice over the past couple of years in response to my clueless posts and questions

RIP 

Andy