Clutch pedal gone slack

Hi 

When i pressed the clutch in today there was a crunch followed by the pedal becoming very slack and unusabale. Also yesterday the car wouldnt select revers but all gears were working fine today when i first went out. Luckily i hadn't started the engine but was woudering if anyone knew what may have caused this ? 

On 4/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, richyb66 said:

What car is it?

Snapped clutch cable would be the first thing to look for.

Second thing would be a broken quadrant or the bit that locks it at the pedal end (if you're using the Sierra pedal box).

Hi yes you were correct snapped clutch cable so just looking for a replacement. Any recommendations ? 

Thank you for posting the identification doc ill try work out which it is. 

Many thanks for the help 

Is your car a Superspec? (not shown on the identification link)  Reason I ask is that they are notorious for clutch cable breaking (I am on its 3rd).  If so the cable is from a 1984 Fiat Ducati.   Amazingly they are still available on E-Bay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 9:07 PM, alanrichey said:

Is your car a Superspec? (not shown on the identification link)  Reason I ask is that they are notorious for clutch cable breaking (I am on its 3rd).  If so the cable is from a 1984 Fiat Ducati.   Amazingly they are still available on E-Bay.

Hi what would tell me if it was superspec? 

Good question 😀  Actually, re-reading your post I see you mention a quadrant in the pedal box.  The Superspec doesn’t have that, the cable simply bolts directly to the pedal.  So ignore me 😀