westfield light flash wiring help.

david moss

Hi, new here so be gentle, i have a 2004 Westfield Megablade, and not long changed the dashboard for carbon look, 

and decided to fit a momentary flick switch to flash the main beam as they do not come with this as standard, so not

knowing much about the electric side of things, is there someone out there that can give me any ideas how to connect

this up, for non Westfield owners, the lights have a rocker switch off, side and headlights, then separate switch for dip and

main beam, would be mega grateful for any help.

thanks David.

I do wonder sometimes what has happened to people on other forums for them to ask us to be nice. We're always nice... 🙂

For my flash button, I just bought a non-latching switch and wired it into the same circuit as the main beam switch. It did help that I made my own dash wiring harness so I knew where the wires all went - that's always the hard part of any electrical work. 

Without knowing your wiring schematic, it's difficult to be any more use. 

• Like 1

Hi, was just a joke about being gentle 🤣 don't know if this will help,

LAMP SWITCH

FEED TO SWITCH -BROWN

FEED TO SIDE LAMPS RED

FEED TO HEADLAMP BLUE

FEED TO BULB RED/ORANGE

EARTH BLACK

HEADLAMP DIP SWITCH

FEED TO SWITCH BLUE

MAIN MEAM FEED BLUE/WHITE

DIP BEAM FEED BLUE/RED

this is what the build manual shows.

If your wireing is to the manual.

Then one contact of the switch FEED TO SWITCH -BROWN

the other contact MAIN MEAM FEED BLUE/WHITE

You could use scotch lock connectors to break into the loom https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotch-Connectors-Splice-Terminals-Electrical/dp/B007ZDM4R2/ref=asc_df_B007ZDM4R2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=256110712503&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1724852948457373441&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007200&hvtargid=pla-783518692237&psc=1

They are sold by any motorfactor. They work OK but do not like getting damp/wet.

• Like 1