2b Sierra brakes

BenGray

Hi, loving being the owner of a 2b, not that I’ve had a real chance to use it yet though….

y brake master cylinder has failed, so I have front brakes, but no rears, and I’m struggling to find the right replacement

the cylinder has 74660862 and Q138 (I think) on the lhs

and

ABCDEGHJKLMN (then a circular logo (that I can’t make out)) .3. On the rhs.

I ordered the one that I thought it was, but when it arrived the mounting holes were approx 75mm apart, where as the one on the car has centres at around 95mm

Anyone got any ideas. I’m I being terminally daft (I can’t find a listing that has the mounting hole spacing on it)

thanks in advance for your help (it’s the last thing to do for this summer, it even passed the MOT as is)

cheersben

Hi Ian, thanks, but I think there are a few similitudes from what I can tell.

based around bore size 20 v 22.2, seal type and flange size, which is where I’m stuck.

I have seen some people have junked the servo nd gone with a narrower bore master cylinder, but I’d rather not have to replace brake lines at this point, although maybe something I’ll do in the future 😁

yes, it’s sierra based, from a 2.0efi (estate as best I can make out)

I will try to upload some, but I’ve been struggling to get them under 100kb. Will have a go tomorrow.

thanks

ben

Edited by BenGray
Missed some info off