Newark Kit car festival 2022

Allan Royds

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am planning on coming down on one of the days this weekend and was wondering how it works re parking at these shows, is it general parking or do we park as clubs/ types of kit cars etc with a few show cars on the stands shown above?

Hi Darrell

If you are just driving down for 1 day I would make it the Saturday as people tend to start to drift off home around lunch time on the last day of a show, Sunday in this case. Newark was always a very good show in the past. 

Dave.

I plan to go Friday afternoon and camp for the weekend. Therefore my car and others that belonging to those doing the same will be on the stand by around 8.30ish Saturday and Sunday morning.  Anyone new to these shows just need to look for Robinhood cars on the stand and park up there. Simple.

Dave.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, HAWKNORTH said:

Hi Darrell

If you are just driving down for 1 day I would make it the Saturday as people tend to start to drift off home around lunch time on the last day of a show, Sunday in this case. Newark was always a very good show in the past. 

Dave.

brill thanks for that advice, looks like it will be Saturday then 👍  

What a fabulous day I had yesterday at the Newark Kit Car Show, it was great to faces to names that I have been messaging on the forums. 

The sun shone and showed of the many different kit cars on show, what an imaginative bunch we are. A great turnout by the club, that I am sure could have seen more of us in attendance.

Wandering around the show I saw manufacturers in the main hall along with suppliers of parts, tools and 'bits n pieces' that one may need to build and tinker with their kit car, remember they are never finished!

I enjoyed talking to the owners who were more than willing to talk about their cars and offer advice to any question asked.  You could sit in cars to see if you fit, take pictures to remind you how a problem was overcome,…

All in all a great day, fingers crossed there is a Newark '23

NKCS.2022.11.jpeg

NKCS.2022.12.jpeg

NKCS.2022.1.jpeg

NKCS.2022.2.jpeg

NKCS.2022.3.jpeg

NKCS.2022.4.jpeg

NKCS.2022.5.jpeg

NKCS.2022.6.jpeg

NKCS.2022.7.jpeg

NKCS.2022.8.jpeg

NKCS.2022.9.jpeg

NKCS.2022.10.jpeg

Edited by Darrell
to add the photos

19 hours ago, Darrell said:

What a fabulous day I had yesterday at the Newark Kit Car Show, it was great to faces to names that I have been messaging on the forums. 

The sun shone and showed of the many different kit cars on show, what an imaginative bunch we are. A great turnout by the club, that I am sure could have seen more of us in attendance.

Wandering around the show I saw manufacturers in the main hall along with suppliers of parts, tools and 'bits n pieces' that one may need to build and tinker with their kit car, remember they are never finished!

I enjoyed talking to the owners who were more than willing to talk about their cars and offer advice to any question asked.  You could sit in cars to see if you fit, take pictures to remind you how a problem was overcome,…

All in all a great day, fingers crossed there is a Newark '23

IMG_8133.HEIC 2.46 MB · 10 downloads IMG_8139.HEIC 2.74 MB · 5 downloads IMG_8141.HEIC 3.22 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8123.HEIC 2.67 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8129.HEIC 2.63 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8140.HEIC 3.82 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8143.HEIC 2.47 MB · 4 downloads IMG_8124.HEIC 2.39 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8127.HEIC 2.13 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8142.HEIC 2.8 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8126.HEIC 2.52 MB · 2 downloads IMG_8125.HEIC 3.18 MB · 4 downloads

Can anyone tell me what I haven't or have clicked that has resulted in the pictures not showing!!?!?