Lincolnshire Meets for July

alanrichey

Even though we have a fairly busy month already, with the Kimbolton Show on the 10th and Newark on the 23/24th, we can't waste this glorious weather.    So initially, we are planning to meet up on Wednesday the 13th.

Haven't decided on a location yet, that will depend on who is going to attend.  A usual I will try and aim we all get a 30-50 min drive to somewhere with a decent car park and room for a picnic.   Any suggestions always welcome.

Al

OK, decision made, we are going to try a new place, and that is Barnwell Country Park (PE8 5PB).  So if anyone wants to join us, we will  be there at 12:00 on Wednesday (13th) in the Car Park.  Bring a chair and some lunch 😀

Untitled.jpg

Well that was a pleasant surprise considering I picked that place with the Google equivalent of throwing a dart at a map. 😀

Obviously the weather was perfect, and the drive there was enjoyable but the Park was really nice.   My concern of the size of the car park from Google Maps was unfounded once I saw they had a huge overflow car park in the field next to the main car park.   So we were spoilt for choice.

1.jpg

So a couple of hours sitting around chatting and eating followed by a short wander around the park finishing off with inevitable ice cream 😀 and a nice day was had by all.   The Park is particularly good for children so if anyone is local with children I would heartily recommend it.

2.jpg

Cheers

Al

• Like 2