Too old, Too fast.

Longboarder

Sadly it's me thats too old and the car too fast. I don't remember corners used to come at me so quickly.

Painful but the time has come to sell.

The last and best performing of the Monocoques, Robin Hood New 111.

Built by me in 98/99 not quite in time to avoid SVA but it was a first time Pass on 26 April 2000. Build principle was always function over form. Everything had to work best.

There was a lot of Data on what could/should be modified or strengthened on monocoques and I did the lot.

Front double unequal wishbone suspension. AVO shocks. 130lb springs.

Rear sierra axle correctly rubber mounted, viscous LSD, AVO shocks.

13 Minilite clones, Toyo R888 Proxies.

Steering rack raised/shimmed to eliminate bump steer. Shaft mounted on swivel ball bearing through bulkhead.

Pedal box with twin master cylinders and adjustable balance bar. Mintex.

Engines have been pinto, silvertop, blacktop, silvertop and finally ST170. Raceline ally sump. Jenvey TwinThrottlebodies. Omex 600 ECU. Piggybacking Mtec VVT controller. 4:2:1 tuned length exhaust with excellent collectors. Was 196 BHP on the rollers for a magazine shootout 8 years ago when it had shonky injectors. Injectors replaced but not been on RR since due to health /caring issues.

OK body. Rough glass. Lives outside. Best fitting hood in the club. Doesn't leak. Good mini heater. VDO dash. ECU software on an old laptop.

Some of the older members will remember the car from shows and Barkstone where it was always one to beat. For the last 8 years I have been caring for a family member who has now passed on and the Hood has sat outside unused. MoT mileage each year but it does look in need of a little TLC.

Spares Nosecone. Side screens. ST Engine. 'Tons of stuff. Take what you want.'

So there we have it.Very quick, well handling car to scare yourself in. Does have one years MoT.

£4000.00 Drive it home, enjoy it all summer and smarten it up next winter.

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

hood3.jpg

hood4.jpg

hood5.jpg

hood6.jpg

hood6.jpghood7.jpg

• Like 1

Great car, well priced. Someone is going to get a bargain.

For anyone who isn't aware, although  the seller Nigel hasn't been so active on the forum recently, he still holds the record for the most content on here. That's a lot of knowledge and a lot of it has gone in to the car.

• Like 2

Hi Nigel, sorry you have to sell, wonky knees and a dodgy back mean moving mine on will be sooner rather than later.
I think I have the timing sheets from one barkstone meet, so I'll try to find and up load them.

Thanks for those who remember. Nothing from those who might buy?

As bad luck would have it I had a small stroke on Thursday leaving me unable to drive for a while and left arm and leg a bit weak so I can't even take anyone for a test drive. So what to do now?

Sorry to hear that Nige... hope you get better soon. 

Personally, I would never expect a kit to sell on an owners forum - after all, most of us already have a kit. Put it on eBay (as a classified ad, not an auction - you'll pay less that way).

No, sorry. Spent the last few days in various hospital departments and the rest sleeping. Absolute pain in the whatsit.They even forgot me in the waiting room at one point. Random nurse strolls over. Asks 'Who are you?'   Bad sign.

Anyway no sorry I haven't had the computer on much. Have replied to your message.

• 5 months later...