newark show

max

hi guys what was the show like ? as never been was hoping to get Saturday but a little misunderstanding between my ankle and my motorbike last Tuesday stopped  me walking about for a few days did i miss a good show or not ?

Agreed, Stoneleigh feels too big for most shows. There'll always be large areas unfilled which gives the impression it's not that busy.

I thought the turnout wasn't too bad given how late the organisers were announcing the date.

Pi55 poor signage outside the show on the surrounding roads, the A1 and A46 see some traffic and some roadside signs might have helped encourage visitors.

I made it over on the Sunday and, as usual, folks were starting to leave around lunchtime. It being the first weekend of the school summer holidays probably wasn't ideal either.  I enjoyed the day and picked up a half decent set of taps & dies for a reasonable price.  Hopefully they'll keep it going and it will be on again in coming years.

I liked it. There was a distinct lack of food vans. But tractor managed to find a couple that hardly anyone else did.

Good nose for food that bloke

I reckon it will pick up if it keeps on going

Andi

Edited by Andi

It was my first Kit Car Show, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the dry weather was a god send travelling down from Blackpool. There were loads of cars of many types showing what an imaginative bunch we are. The manufacturers, parts and tool stalls were fab to potter around, boy am I glad I didn't take my credit card!!

The owners I chatted to were a friendly bunch, happy to chat about their pride and joy and willing to answer questions on how they did things or solved problems.

All in all a fab day. Fingers crossed for Stoneleigh and Newark next year.