Non starter

Jtox

Hi I'm new to the forum and my robinhood I'm having trouble with my robinhood 2ltr efi dohc I thought the battery was weak as it hasn't been used much in the last year and it was struggling to start without the booster so replaced it had the starter motor reconditioned and still my engine don't want to starter I'm getting just clicking or nothing at all any ideas 

Thanks John 

1 hour ago, kevin the chicken said:

Possibly a dodgy solenoid although being part of the starter it should have been tested when the motor was reconditioned. My money would be on a loose lead to the starter or a poor engine earth

Thanks The solenoid was replaced same time as the recon and tested by auto generators ill be cleaning connections today and checking the earth aswell thanks 

connect  a jump lead from neg on battery direct to bolt on the starter motor and try if ok then you know you have a bad earth 

Edited by max

• 2 weeks later...

Update cars now running I had a bad new battery kicking out less than five volts on start up . On bright side I have a freshly reconditioned starter motor and selanoid  all my earth wires and other connections are nice and clean and now been to my local monthly meet up ... only 2 other members there hopefully there will  e a few more attending next  month