using my old 24ltr compressor tank as a reciever tank?

agent_zed

Just sanity checking but is there any reason why I shouldn't use my old 24ltr compressor tank as a reciever tank?

I've taken off the motor (as the piston went) but I've left on the pressure release valves and gauge. I just need to get a fitting to block the inlet the compressor used and then it is a self contained unit.

Can I then just fill using the standard outlet from my working compressor with a flexible hose?

any reason I shouldn't do this?

thanks

5 hours ago, agent_zed said:

Just sanity checking but is there any reason why I shouldn't use my old 24ltr compressor tank as a reciever tank?

I've taken off the motor (as the piston went) but I've left on the pressure release valves and gauge. I just need to get a fitting to block the inlet the compressor used and then it is a self contained unit.

Can I then just fill using the standard outlet from my working compressor with a flexible hose?

any reason I shouldn't do this?

thanks

I have an old 50ltr and an old 25ltr connected together as you describe and I use them as a receiver tank when I need lots of air

• Like 1