Attending Car shows as a club

Jtox

morning I attended locke Park classic car show on Sunday at first I went along in my gbs just to have a look round .. ended up showing my car someone with a Westfield talked me into it and I was surprised how much people liked it and  got me thinking do we as a group of robinhood gbs zero lovers ever arrange to attended any car shows classic or others as a club to see if we can get new members interested in joining g the forum or local area meets 

Hi John

I was at the Powderham Castle historic car show near Exeter on 9 July and was surprised to see a 2B alongside the multitude of other classics. For next year I will try and see if there is any interest of having a group of RHOCaR members attend. I am sure that a group of Hillman Minx's can be easily out-trumped.

Regards

Robbie

7 hours ago, Jtox said:

.....do we as a group of robinhood gbs zero lovers ever arrange to attended any car shows classic or others as a club to see if we can get new members interested in joining g the forum or local area meets 

Hi.  We attend 3 national events at the moment as a full Club, these are Stoneleigh, Newark and the End of Season Bash (EOSB).   When it comes to other shows we ask the appropriate Area Secretary to publicise them on the forum, then find out how many people would like to go, and if the number is high enough, to liase with the organisers for a special area to be set aside for them.   If it is only a few I normally nominate a meeting point close to the Show so we can all arrive together.  However, that pre-supposes the Area Secretary knows the show is taking place, which he may not.    So under these circumstances like this please make sure you notify your Area Secretary of the details of the Show so that he can arrange everything.   Even if it is after the event, still contact him so he can be ready for it next year. 

Al

This is fantastic that conversations like this have started. How very true, it is all about communication and suggesting ideas for the area secs to pick up on, but also with the new areas it would be a great to assist the area secs in getting club attendances up and running. We need to consider social get togethers e.g. Meeting at ice cream parlours (Wallings at Cockerham for example), keep the ideas and suggestions coming. 😁