Robin hood Dashboard covering (Again!)

Roger

Hi,

Thanks for the two committee members answers, if I cant get the "Pukka" foam backed stuff, I may have to compromise with a grey leatherette. But I want it to look near the original as possible.. I know they are all different, but there does seem to be a theme with this Grey  foam backed covering. 

The question is, do any of you out there who have built a RH have any material left over, I just need enough to cover my dash board, if so, please name your price.... 

Many thanks in anticipation:  

Roger

Roger, I have what appears to be the original roll of fabric supplied for the dash in our unbuilt 2B kit that I don’t intend to use.   From memory it is just a facing leatherette fabric with no integral backing foam.

Yours for a modest postage fee if you want it (or collect from near Newbury).  I can send you a photo at the weekend.

Chris

19 hours ago, Roger said:

But I want it to look near the original as possible.. I know they are all different, but there does seem to be a theme with this Grey  foam backed covering.

Why? The best part of a kit is the option to customise to whatever weird thing you want. Fake carbon, blue leather, Union Jack, SpiderMan wrap - the options are endless....

It's not expensive either - I bought a sheet of stuff for about £20...look here, for example.

Hi,

I know, I'm a bit weird like that, LOL. 

If Rally Chis can send me a photo, then I can organise postage .. I'm in Manchester so a tad difficult to drive to Newbury! 

Really appreciate the replies and support .. I guess I will have to join the club, 100% approval so far!

rOGER 

I used the grey leatherette over soft yoga mat with some green trim. I used 38mm plastic waste pipe for the required edge profile, it looks good and feels about right, slightly harder camping mat has been used on the side panels under the carpet, softer yoga mat on the tunnel top.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:24 PM, Roger said:

Hi,

I know, I'm a bit weird like that, LOL. 

If Rally Chis can send me a photo, then I can organise postage .. I'm in Manchester so a tad difficult to drive to Newbury! 

Really appreciate the replies and support .. I guess I will have to join the club, 100% approval so far!

rOGER 

Roger, here are a couple of photos of the RH ‘kit’ leatherette that came with our 2B from circa 2002. Overall dimensions are 75cm x 135cm, and the colour is dark grey.

It looks a little wrinkled from storage but I think it will stretch out flat again quite easily. Please let me know if it might be any use to you.

Chris

027BE9FA-F52C-4920-A3AF-126DF5DD6408.jpeg

ED63AB93-6AA1-47F8-B1DA-738794982D50.jpeg

Edited by RallyChris

Hi Chris,

This looks just what I am looking for, do you have a PAYPAL account?  I can pay you that way, if that suits .. Let me know how much you are looking for and I'll organize.

Much appreciated!

Roger