Just brought a Mac1 ZX10R…

daniel reast

Hi All,

New to the group and have just purchased a Mac1 worx ZX10R. An absolute blast to drive but does need some TLC to body and chaissis in areas where rust has started. Worst part is an upright section on the side by drivers knee where all I can think is it has filled with water and frozen as it has ballooned outwards. 

Anyway all mainly superficial but I have no real history behind the car and it appears Mac 1 folded a few years ago.

does anyone know the old owners of Mac1 or have any contact details so I can ask them a few questions? 

also anyone else here own a Mac one and know where to get parts from? 

cheers

dan

C53A9055-0C8D-4EAD-B6B2-697CB7914734.jpeg

A97DBECD-1544-41D1-9283-F14336D75185.jpeg

E615339F-396A-486B-A850-E8BEF79ED261.jpeg

Never heard of Mac1 but that looks like a good quality build. 

Normally, the only parts specific to a make are bodywork panels - everything else probably came from a donor and so you just need to identify what you need and order another one (ebay, Car Builder Solutions, breakers yards etc). 

Yes Mac 1 have a good pedigree on and off the track. There used to be a few of them on the Locost Builders website, but like the rest of the kit car world, in the past few years, the website doesnt seem to pull as many folks it used to.

Beware of asking if they are a branch of MK. LOL

Andi