East of England Meets for October

alanrichey

As usual in October we are off to the Corby Glen Sheep Fair  (NG33 4NS - www.sheepfair.co.uk)  this Sunday (9th October).

For those that have not been before, this is a traditional small village fete with all the usual stalls, entertainment, food and drink, dog show, craft shows, morris dancing, car display.....   and this is the 784th one so they must be doing something right.

Unlike other shows the organisers are very relaxed about the car display and although the Fair is open from 10:00-16:00 they are happy for us to arrive whenever we like and leave whenever we like.  I normally park up about 09:30 and reserve some spaces (I live only 1 mile away so it isn't difficult).   I 'think' I've sorted out the weather so it should be dry 😀

We park next to the war memorial at the West end of the villae.  This is the approach route, it's the only bit with a dropped kerb.

Corby Glen.jpg

See you there.

Al

Another nice day.   The good weather brought out lots of people and the village was absolutey packed.   Plenty to see and do.

1.jpg

and lots of cars of all shapes and sizes,  I didn't count them but there was hardly any spaces left when they had all arrived.

We managed 5 cars and picked out a lovely spot by the side of the road, in the sun 😀

5.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Looking forward to the next one 😀