Throttle linkage to Weber carb

Brian75

Hi all, 

I've removed bike carbs and replaced with a new 32/34 DMTL Weber, however, I don't have any of the linkages/levers needed to connect the throttle cable with the carb. Searching online and speaking to several suppliers has also caused more confusion. From this photograph could anyone tell me what I need to connect this lever to the cable?

I've been sent this but can't see how it would fit.

Universal Throttle linkage Kit DMTL | Webcon UK Ltd

Any advice much appreciated.

PXL_20221215_122701089.jpg

Undo the nut on the end of the spindle, remove the bracket with the slot. Replace it with the bracket that has the quadrant. I cant see from the picture where the outer cable is clamped, but it should be clear once you have it in front of you.

I think the nickel colooured bracket will bolt to the top of the carb and the outer cable will fit to that. You may also need a hollow bolt with 2 nuts that adjusts the length of the outer cable. Ask webcon if they have an instruction sheet they can send you.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but on my car the carb is the other way round, with the throttle cable coming to the rear of the inlet manifold. The picture with the red cam cover shows this, but the first picture looks like a view from the front of the car, and the throttle shaft pointing forwards, which not the right way round. This doesn't answer you question about how the linkage works, but if it is the wrong way round the cable may not reach or have the correct approach to the mechanism.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparepart said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but on my car the carb is the other way round, with the throttle cable coming to the rear of the inlet manifold. The picture with the red cam cover shows this, but the first picture looks like a view from the front of the car, and the throttle shaft pointing forwards, which not the right way round. This doesn't answer you question about how the linkage works, but if it is the wrong way round the cable may not reach or have the correct approach to the mechanism.

I thought the same

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful. The carb does look to be on the wrong way and that linkage kit looks like it could work - need to go look at the manifold for the bracket. Weirdly though I bought the new Weber carb from FastRoadCars and spoke to him about the linkage but no suggestion of this, although mine is the DMTL and not DGAV.