East of England Meets for January

alanrichey

After a quiet period over Christmas it's time to get out and about again.   It's really a case of finding a gap in the poor weather at the moment.   So the first meet will be on Wednesday (11th) when it looks OK.   It's still a bit cold for our normal al fresco picnic so we have decided to try the Welland Vale Garden Centre at Uppingham (LE15 9EU) (https://www.wellandvale.co.uk/orchard-cafe).    We'll be there at 12:00 so anyone is welcome to join us.

I'm aware this won't be ideal for the 'workers' so I will look at doing a weekend one later in the month.

Cheers

Al

Nice run (apart from having the sun in our eyes), nice brunch and nice cafe with a large car park, highly recommended.    No idea if the Garden Centre was any good as we all had to leave the beat the rain home.   Two out of 3 cars made it, the 3rd got sprinkled on during the last 2 miles.😀

1.jpg.17f6fb8e538125cbd8f3b3f0b170809b.jpg

Now looking at the weekend of 21/22 or 28/29.   Open to suggestions.

• Like 2

Can't waste this lovely weather, just need to wrap up warm.  As promised, the next meet will be a weekend day, to accomodate the workers 😀

So this time we are going to try out the cafe at Sacrewell Park (Just to the East of the A1 at the A47 junction.    12:00 on Sunday 22nd.   I know it well having taken my various grandchildren there.  It has a large park and a large cafe,   Everyone welcome.

image.png.dcb70c619b45d5c194a0c2584feb761f.png

image.thumb.png.ebbd27c267c5b3f3bd3e0905d3687795.pngI

I'm told it was a good meet (if a bit muddy by the look of it) but unfortunately I wasn't there 🙁

Just 2 miles after leaving home my engine cut out and I came to a graceful halt on a grass verge.   It was pretty obvious the fuel pump had failed for some reason (on the Superspec, when you turn on the ignition the fuel pump runs for 2 seconds.  Might wasn't).    After checking all the relays/fuses/wires/kill switch I came to the conclusion there was no way I could fix it at the side of the road.    So I went to the AutoAid app  (I have a policy with them as a result of a recommendation on this forum).  Very efficient and a chap pitched up after about 45 mins.  Surprisingly he was familiar with kit cars and wasn't horrified at the 'rats nest' I call a wiring loom.   He did all the same checks as me and also diagnosed a pump failure.    So for the first time in almost 10 years I was towed home (we had to take off the nose cone to find somewhere to attached the tow bar.

image.png.ad74113679106713268613b1d5aa1a29.png

So now all I have to do is fix it 😀

Al