Rear axle offset

Random

The axle itself isnt symmetrical to allow the propshaft to be central. The 2 driveshafts are different lengths, but the chassis design should allow for this. Unfortunately, the 2B chassis design and assembly were sometimes a bit "flexible". This is an issue that a few members have spotted in the past. Try a search on the forums. Unfortunately there isnt much you can do about it. 

I had something similar with my 2B.  The rear wings weren't equal sizes which didn't help and the rear suspension was about 5mm off centre.  I ended up fitting a 10mm spacer behind the nearside hub to get the wheels in the right place and then "adjusted" the rear wings to match the wheels.  It was a lot of faffing about for something that probably wouldn't have been noticed by any one else.

I've got a similar problem now with the cobra - the body is a couple of mm off centre, relative to the chassis.  This time it's staying as it is, and if anybody notices they're welcome to put it right for me !!

Hope this helps,  Steve

The tread has to be covered when looking directly downwards. Its not a problem if the sidewall bulges a little.
Are the wheels youre using 38mm offset (standard)? you can get wheels that are 25mm offset, ie 13mm further in.
Maybe you can borrow some for the IVA?

Post up a picture so we can take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not install 1 spacer on one side of an axle… ever.

you can stick something on the arch to cover the tread if it shows but as said before if it’s just the sidewall and/or wheel rim it’s not a fail.

as for the visual difference either side unless you are a place or a goat your unlikely to see both sides at once.