Kimbolton show July 16th

Peter Bell

Hi folks I know it's a bit early but Sporting Bears have sent me the following information regarding the annual classic car show. We usually have a good showing at this event so can you let me know who is interested at this stage so I can give them rough numbers?

Thanks Peter

Kimbolton Country Fayre and Classic Car Show on Sunday 16th July 2023.

Planning has commenced in earnest and we’re getting ready to welcome back some of your favourite features as well as introducing some more new ones.
It just wouldn’t be the same without you, our car clubs. You’re such a huge part of our show and we’d love to welcome you back this year.  

We are delighted to announce that you will no longer need to send out wristbands to your club members – this year will be introducing the ability for your club members to book online, in advance of the show. It our hope that this drastically speeds up your movement as you enter the show through the pay lanes.

Each car club will be allocated an amount of space that fits in the number of cars you, the organiser, confirms you’d like to bring, and your members can simply book a ticket online, confirming the car club they are part of and show their ticket at the entrance to the show.

Full details for how to book will be provided closer to the show date to all clubs that confirm they would like to attend the show. Of course, if you have some members who need to pay on the day, they can do so.

If you would like to book a club stand in this year’s show all I need from you is:

·       Confirmation that your club wishes to attend

·       How many cars you wish to exhibit

Unfortunately, for the first time in many years, we’re having to raise the price to enter the show. It will now be £15 per car or £10 per motorcycle. If you book online, there will also be a small booking fee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I've received this information from the organisers, I hope it makes sense. 

I am delighted to announce the availability of online ticket booking for classic car clubs. This service is live now.

Tickets can be booked and bought individually by each car club member, so club organizers no longer need to distribute wristbands. 

Club members can book here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/kimbolton-castle-rotary-club

Members will need to use the following code to access club stand tickets: KCFCCS2023

Club members can book in advance to access the early bird price of £13.50 until 18th June 2023.

Please note: this system does not allow any way for us to track how many tickets have been purchased by each club. This means that we are relying on you, our car club organizers, to ensure that your club does not exceed tickets for the number of cars you have booked a stand for. 

If your club has more cars than can fit in the stand space, additional vehicles will be asked to relocate to Area 99 (general exhibition area) or public parking if the show is at capacity. You can request additional space for your club until 9th June, after which stand spaces will be locked to enable the stand plan to be finalized and shared.

If you have any club members who are not able to, or don’t want to, book their ticket online, we will still have options to pay by cash or card on the way into the show.

Towards the end of June, you will receive an email with the site plan and details for how to enter the pay lanes to make parking as smooth as possible.

Dream Rides will be taking place at the show again this year so if any of your members are interested in participating please get them to visit the SBMC website for details.

Support vehicles will not require tickets to enter but must relocate to the public parking area as soon as possible. Also, if for any reason your members do need to turn up in their daily transport instead of the classic they were hoping to bring, please can you ask them to park in the main public parking to preserve the display aspect of the show.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL CARS IN THE SHOW MUST BE STATIONARY BETWEEN 11am and 4pm ACCORDING TO HEALTH AND SAFETY RESTRICTIONS ON THE SITE THIS YEAR.

This is a strict requirement and not adhering to it could result in cancellation of the show for future years. Last year, we had a number of cars trying to leave the site for a variety of non-urgent reasons and this is not acceptable in line with the requirements from the Council to keep the public safe. If any members are aware of situations that may require them to leave early, please ask them to use public parking.

I hope you all have a great day again. Please remember the aim of the show is to have a good time AND support local and national children’s charities.

See you there!

• 1 month later...