RH 2B jacking points .. And Radiator cap PSI?

Roger

Hi all,

Where is the best place for a trolley jack to jack up the rear of the vehicle? And what PSI radiator cap would you need for a Pinto 1.6, I bought a 13PSI one but it seems a lot stronger spring than the original, Maybe the spring has weekend over time, but it is very noticable ... 

Thx in anticipation: 

Roger 

Hi Roger,

I used to jack mine up under the diff. and lift both rear wheels at once. You can also lift almost anywhere under the side chassis tubes, just use a piece of wood to spread the load and stop the top of the jack digging in to the bottom edge of the body panels.

13psi sounds about right for the radiator cap, I'm working from memory here ( which isn't as good as it used to be) but I think 12-15 was the range for a 2L pinto and I don't think it was any different for a 1.6.

Hope this helps,

Steve

I always use the main chassis tubes with a block of wood to spread the weight and prevent it 'digging' in.

Couple this with axle stands and blocks of wood and ramps with bottle jacks to add height it always works for me

Thanks guys,

I hoping to come to the event this weekend, so maybe one of you can demonstrate .. Not sure where the main chassis tubes are at the rear .. I'm a bit worried about using the diff as it's not a solid diff, I'm a bit worried about the drive shafts being damaged. You can tell I'm an electrical engineer and not a mechanic 🙂 

Hope to see you at the weekend. 

Roger