South West Area Meetings

Robbie 2B

Hi All

After sending this out to the members in the South Western region I thought that other areas and community users may be interested.  The following meetings are proposed.

1.  Date: Sunday 11 June 2023, Time: 12:00, Location: The Windmill Inn, 58 Nore Road, Portishead BS20 6JZ

After a bite to eat a run through to Clevedon would be on the agenda. If you want to come along in your tin-top feel free.

2.  The Powderham Classic Car gathering is taking place on the 8th & 9th July 2023 at Powderham Castle near Exeter.  RHOCaR have been given the opportunity to have a stand at the gathering.  For Car Clubs there will be a cost of £17.00 for each vehicle which includes the driver and one passenger.  There is also space allocated for a Car Club gazebo.  Camping is available on site for Friday & Saturday night, this would have a cost of £40 per pitch.  For people not camping the Car Club entry and exit gate will be shut on both days from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm.  The event is run by volunteers from the Crash Box & Classic Car Club. Further information can be found on their website: https://historic-vehicle-gathering.info/

Please note that the cost of £17 for car, driver and passenger is significantly less than the entrant fee of £13 per person for each day or £20 weekend pass per person.

If anyone is interested in attending as an exhibitor you could let me know and I will include them when I complete and submit the application form. If this could be done prior to 2 June 2023 it would be ideal..  I will complete and submit the form.

3.  A further meeting, to take place after the summer holidays, will be posted.  This possibly being in the Dorset region to give people in that part of the southwest region a chance to attend. 

Best regards

Robbie (SW Area Sec.)