Battery Conditioners

Joel

I use one from race technology (www.race-technology.com), and I've put a cigarette lighter plug on the end of it so save opening the bonnet and clipping it directly onto the battery. Simply drive into the garage and plug it in :D

Ant

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Don't bother with the cheap ones from Halfrauds (Draper etc.). I bought a couple of them for my Jet-ski's and ended up boiling all the batteries dry !

Give Halfrauds their due - They reimbursed me for my batteries.

Go for something like an Optimate from a bike dealer

Just checked for a price on Race Technology's web site and they don't list the chargers any more. Might be worth phoning them to see if they still do them.

Machine Mart also do them, but I've not used one of theirs.

ant

Guest Petemate

Hi All

My lad's got one of the Optimates to keep the battery maintained on the @ 'Busa Rush. A couple of weeks ago I got a Halfords Automatic charger; switch on it for car/bike; also switch for sealed/non-sealed option. Normal price £39.99, sale price £29.99 - seems like a nice bit of kit, so far OK. :rolleyes: Yellow light goes off & green light on when it goes into "maintenance" mode. I suppose now I've sung its praises the wife will ring me tomorrow (my 4th day away) to tell me the garage has burnt down....... :(

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest irishbob

you dont need any,get your ass in the seat and drive it . my original battery is 8 and a half years old done about 60k havent said that it will probally conk out anytime

Guest mickmellors

Joel - I got a good one (which came freebies with a scrap caravan used for setting afire to train Fire fighters) which I am told would have cost around £60-70.

I have used it to look after my caravan over the out of season months and this is the first time I have got a battery to last over 2 years - this one is now 4 1/2 years old and in use now while I am working away from home living in the 'van.

With big leisure batteries costing £50 - 100 (this last one was £65) it has certainly proved to be worthwhile using the minder - especially as mine was free ! ! !

I do check the electrolyte levels every 2 weeks to ensure it doesnt go dry but usually only need to do a minimal top up twice over the winter.

Bob - your battery will probably expire next time you run out of petrol and sit there cranking the engine over and over ;)

Best Regards to Jenny

XXXX

Must Admit When I had a garage :wacko: , Poor Robin sits outside under a cover at the moment in our 'allocated parking' I Used a draper one, and although the battery was already knackered, I got about 3 more years out of it!!! Rarely needed topping up either, guess I was just lucky tho' have heard they can overcharge

Pete