Windscreen Frame

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi All

Is there anyone out there building/who has built a 2b without screen, who will not be using the screen, the later surround with the radii and slot in the lower bit, who would consider selling the frame/glass? Having nearly completed the dash, I'm now nearly ready to fit the screen and having the earlier type with sharp edges, would prefer to get hold of the later type rather than wear my fingers away. (Lolocost have stopped supplying the pre-formed frames as far as I can tell.)

Pete(Oldgit)

P.S. I know Lolocost still do the straight lengths, but not sure how easily bendable the ally is (possible as per Ron Champion?.......)

hi

sup with ya

i have the old frame and it took me all of ten mins to do 1 side

i yse the angle grinder to take the edge off then a fine file to get the shape then i use 80gritlast rub with 1200 wet and dry it come up dead nice and cost me £0.00p to do

go on have a go you can do it

olly

Guest chris brown
but not sure how easily bendable the ally is
Pete there was a thread on here a few months ago about bending the frame I believe it is easy to do using a ply screen shaped former

Guest Petemate

Hi Olly

Oh all right then, I'll have a go. :p I've got a load of flexy discs for the angle grinder, nothing to lose I spose. ;) Chris, I'll still look for the info on bending, but Olly has "inspired" me to go for it..... :)

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest Petemate

Hi Chris

Found the posts with pic of bending jig - clever, I remembered seeing it when I saw the pics. :o If I'm not happy with my efforts, at least I know I can sort it later. B)

Pete(Oldgit)

Hi Pete

I want to try to make a new frame for my dolly S7. Where did you see the post with the jig. I seem to have been searching for hours with no joy.

Thanks cedric

Steady with the angle grinder, Pete. Its only ally !

I did mine with a file, then emery, then scotchbrite, and polish.

Took no time at all. Use draw-filing to get it even ( remember that ? ) ;)

You need a 2.5 mm rad on the corner, so get a bit of s/s panel offcut about 2 inches square. Drill a 5mm hole in it, then tinsnip across the centre, and bingo you got yourself a guage to measure it with ! :D :D

Coming on well then now eh ?

Guest Petemate

Hi John

I'm going to have a go. Yes, I remember draw filing well. My instructor on our fitters' course frowned on it, but admitted there were times when it had to be used. Also I've already made the gauge...... Cedric (Peter) did you find the posts on the frame bending?

Pete(Oldgit)

P.S. I'm still working on the dash John, and it's coming along very nicely.