Side Panels

Guest mc_clean_david

Guest mc_clean_david

Can anyone help? :boohoo:

I have a 2b plus and am trying to fit the two side panels! The fols on the top and bottom seem to be too far apart as there is about a 1.5cm gap at the bottom when i set the panel on top of the tubes!

What do i do?

Do i fix it to the bottom of the car first and then refold the top fold to the correct position or do i put some kind of spacer in?

Dave

Guest Andy Hamilton

i have just done my drivers side panel using this exact method. The only thing wrong with the description is that it says you need about three people. This I feel is incorrect as I did mine on my own! It worked perfectly.

Ok everyone, no comments about not having any mates.

I love a challenge in the evening :lol: :lol:

worked for me an no dings (yet)- cr4p pic though, left enough space at bottom to give access to lower outside harnes nuts and got the curve just right to my eye then adjusted the rear wing tabs on that part to fit well

post-5-1098287267.jpg

Guest Andy Hamilton

Can I just ask (don't say no!) Why are we supposed to put the battery tray outside the side panel? Surely if there is a big f*** off gap under the upper fold, then the tray an sit under it nicely....??? sorry for the language, but the gap is big.....

I know RH kits a cheap but it isn't difficult to measure correctly is it??

Guest jetskijase

ye i agree andy, it's just what was on nw hoodys site.I think if there's a gap then i wiell feep it underneath.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY doe's RH make a panel that doesnt fit, then make thousands of them over and over again. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :wacko: :wacko: :gdit: :gdit: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

SET THE PANEL BENDER UP AGAIN AND REPROGRAMME THE PLASMA CUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO.

sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest, pheww.

Jase