Diesel Quicker Than 2b

Guest Fred2b

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: ha ha,forget hp it is not the main thing,yes i have a top speed of 135,but it will get there faster than you can turn your head,and the revs,oh the revs :wub:

of course a V8 will have a good go,and will go faster,but it wont get there as quick

Guest Battery Bill

Rizla

Is that why you are junking the seats :rolleyes: They are too heavy :lol: :lol:

Or will your posterior not fit in them :lol: :lol:

( By the way you should not be racing around in your new car take it easy at first you plonker) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest Andy Hamilton

Nice to see that we are doing something right....... a few compliments here and there!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I work in Diesel Powertrain Engineering for Ford Motor Company. Might have had a little to do with both the engine in the Jag and Mondeo.

You should try the 2.7l V6 Diesel in the Jag S-Type. Possible the best diesel in the world (according to Autocar not me)

Even quicker is the new 2.0l 155ps mondeo ST TDCi. now that will eat your hoods for breakfast.... well most of them. Have a test drive, even if you aren't thinking of buying one. I think they are pretty good. (just remember, I don't have to)

Guest Battery Bill

Andy

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I work in Diesel Powertrain Engineering for Ford Motor Company. Might have had a little to do with both the engine in the Jag and Mondeo.

I bet it was you that designed the idler wheel on the Mondeo cambelt :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You know the one that breaks and causes large holes in wallets :p :p :lol:

Guest Andy Hamilton

Ok here we go, I knew I would get the blame for your cambelt failing....!

I only joined Ford 6 years ago, and at that time the engine in yor L reg Mondeo was.............OLD.

The PUMA engine (one in the new mondeo transit) was in the final stages of testing then, along with the LYNX engine (the one in the current focus TDCi). Since then I have been involved in various upgrades of these engines and the V6 and engines that aren't on the market yet.

But you are right in saying that I was partly responsible for camdrive systems. Not just camdrive now though, half the engine I am afraid!

Guest Battery Bill

Andy

I knew I would get the blame for your cambelt failing....!

I wish it had been the cambelt as that was only a year old :rolleyes:

The culprit was the little idler wheel thingy that broke and burgered it all up :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet yours are better design though :rolleyes: :lol:

Guest alan rowe
:lol: ha ha,forget hp it is not the main thing,yes i have a top speed of 135,but it will get there faster than you can turn your head,and the revs,oh the revs :wub:

Risla - have you ever driven at 135 in a kit car ? - I've taken mine up to just over 125 (no roof nor side screens) and its not that pleasant - the only consolation was the look of concern of the driver in front of me in his TT 225 which I was pushing hard

I don't think I would want to go any quicker (oh and at 125, I'm doing under 5000rpm)

A