Plumbing.....

Guest Rich

Can someone just confirm this for me please engines aren't my strong point and I'm learning as I go....

FUEL PIPE

2.1 ltr pinto Twin Webber carbs

Does it go from the sender to the fuel pump, (is the bottom the inlet? should I fit a filter if so any recommendations?), then from the pump to a "T" on the first carb and then straight on to the elbow on the second carb, should any particular carb be fed first. Am I right in thinking I don't need a return and can just fit some pipe to the return nozzle on the sender and use it as a vent. On the fuel filler there is an elbow with a piece of pipe on it......can this just be blanked off?

Water Hoses

Top of Rad to thermostat housing, bottom of rad to water pump, this leaves me with a small outlet on the thermostat housing ....... what goes here,(expansion tank ??) ? Also an outlet on the water pump, does this go to the heater and the return from the heater to the inlet manifold, if I don't connect the heater can I go straight from the water pump to the inlet manifold?.......or have I got this wrong......its about 6 years since I started building this and my memories fading a bit......well you can't rush theses things can you !

Cheers anyway, keep up the good work this site/community has been invaluable

HI Rich

I have fitted a fuel filter between the sender and the fuel pump, and between the fuel pump and carbs but that just me being over cautious. yes you should fit one.

I have run pipe from the pump to the frist carb (carb near front of engine) then to the second carb as you say. (see pic) You are right you dont need a return feed.

As for the outlet on the thermostat housing that go's to the expansion tank. If you dont have one fitted just blank it off

Chris