All Or Nothing Brakes

Guest Dave Pickett

Guest Dave Pickett

Hi guys, we've been here before but without too much success! My S111a with servo brakes locks the wheels too easily, but without the servo does not stop at all!

Current thinking is to use a Fiesta servo/master cylinder, as this should be more suited to the weight of the Hood. Has anyone tried this, or are there any other solutions?

A bleed valve on the servo pipe might work, but have not seen anything suitable.

What does everyone else do? is it stamp on the non servo brakes, or gingerly touch the servo assisted?

As ever any help appreciated...

post-7-1053112688.jpg

You haven't just got the wrong servo have you?

I beleive that the XR4i had a fiercer servo than the standard Sierra and that can result in the symptoms you are describing. I also beleive that RHE offered these as part of one of their enhancement packs at some time in the past (thoughts were at the time that they had gotten a job lot of them cheap).

Worth a check but I don't know how you would tell the difference - don't recall seeing a part number anywhere on mine.

Iain