Indespension Units For Small Car Trailer

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

Got myself a small car trailer :) Good for a car of about 800kg max, lent it to a mate (Drewsus) & the wheel fell off on his way back with Hood loaded! :o :(

Lucky no real damage apart from to the indespension unit of the trailer & Drew's wallet for recovery!! :rolleyes:

So - I'm looking out for some units, braked, pref with wheels & must take a load of at least a ton......

The long term plan was (still is but will take a bit longer) to refurbish & then rent out for a very reasonable price to local club members as well as using it myself for track days...

always bought my bits from towsure

they are in the sheffield direction

and think they got a website

dunno about the heavier indespension lumps but the half ton ones could be bought unbraked, (they take a metero wheel) and you could weld the back plate to the arm

not sure how that would work on something a little heavier? :o

Guest salty_monk

Have all the linkages for working the braks & have that second set of units bookmarked on Ebay however the guy says they need new expanders whatever that means...

Really want braked units with at least 1 ton rating so it will easily support the weight of the trailer & a light car such as the hood...

Guest 2bsprint

My mate use to work at a trailer and caravan place - called towing and leisure

They only list the some of their stuff on their website

http://www.towingandleisure.co.uk/Frames/T...nsion_Units.htm

It may be worth the cost of a call to see if they do large suspension units - they are normally quite cheap on some of their stuff since they manufacture a lot of it themselves and sell it onto other retailers

Guest salty_monk

Thanks - have sent them a mail.

Got a quote back this morning for 1.1 ton units from another company at £205 plus £12.50 P+P.

What's the chance of using some units off of a scrapped caravan?? They must be rated to that sort of weight - anyone got any idea what most of them use??