Mini Wiper

Guest Brian

Guest Brian

Hi Guys

Some help please if anyone can cos ive been at it all day and its driving me nuts............... working on the 2b that is.

Ive gone the mini wiper system rather than cut the sierra one about. The wiring tips here were a Godsend, my thanks, all went according to plan. Intermitend, slow speed and fast speed all work ok its just that I cant get the little rascal to park. Once I turn the switch off, the wipers stop where they are. I have checked all the circuits, taken everything apart, including the white plastic connector, cleaned all the contacts all to no avail. Whats really bugging me is, on intermitenet, it works fine and the wipers return to their parked position before each wipe???? HELP :wacko:

Brian, two possible problems. One is a fault in the column switch not connecting its terminals 53 and 31B1 (B1) in the park position. You can test this continuity across the switch with a bulb and battery or a meter. The other is a break in the brown/white wire that runs from 31B1 on the intermittent relay to 31B1 (B1) on the column switch. (The relay 31B1 also has a Brown/white running to the motor 31B which is working or it wouldn't park on intermittent action). Once again you can test continuity/ see if you have this wire and if not fit one!

(the column switch connection labelled 31B1 to 85 and B1 after 85 is the same connection. The Haynes pics don't show the relay labels changing from 31B1 to B1 but they might)

Nigel

Schematic of wiper circuit with intermittent. Ford and Lucas numbers on the motor. Remember the column switch earth. The variable controller for the intermittent also has a grey/yellow supply and earth wired to the dash light circuit. Column switch can be marked 31B1 and 31B2 or B1 and B2 depending on age.

Nigel

Guest john

Brian.....you've got Exactly what happened to me.

The park switch is making a good contact one side, but not the other.

Go back to the park switch and make sure that the contacts are making when in BOTH positions,

Even though they are clean, they may be worn , like mine, and i had to put a blob of solder on one of them to make it work properly.

Check the circuits before putting it back onto the motor.

Hope this helps,