New Instrument Dials

Guest jwaterman

Guest jwaterman

Hi All,

I am feed up with my current dash board configuration, Its the standard sierra cluster etc. I am thinking of spending some of my years bonus on a decent dashboard.

I would like to purchase a complete set of instruments, anyone know of any great deals going at the moment? Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer. I particularly like the brushed alli bezel with the white / cream dial and red needles.

What are the best electrical speedo? Any good/bad types of sensor applications?The instruments i am thinking on including are Electrical Speedo, Rev counter, Oil Press and temp combined, Water Temp, Ammeter, Voltmeter, clock, and Fuel. Also thinking of having one of the LED repeater clusters in front of wheel.

does anyone have any particularly good ideas, designs, features they would recommend me including in my design.

Any help would be great appreceiated.

Guest Bob Rowell

John, I bought my instruments off EBay. A firm called Low Tension often sell complete sets of VDO gauges. I paid about £200 for the full kit including senders etc. I then sold the bits I didn't need, like fuel tank sender, and ended up with a set of matched gauges for sensible money, and I even have an electronic speedo in that.

From this:

post-10-1102442892.jpg

Guest jwaterman

cheers bob

i will start looking on ebay. were there any white gauges on there?

I do like your dash layout. I remember looking at yours with interest when i saw your car at the park hotel. Its a great shame i was unable to come on the last few meets this year, with car out of action and my flying lessons my time has been full, i hope to get the car back on the road this week, i have the tax, i have missed her something rotten. The brand new Vulcan engine i hope will impress me, after such a wait and cost. but she looks good with twin webers, the oil cooler and shinny new paint.

Just the dash to sort early next year, will try to keep her on the road as long as possible while doing that though.

cheers for your help

john