Changing Switches

Guest owenpilson

Guest owenpilson

heres my dilema!

i'm going to try and change the the rocker switches (fan, hazzard & fogs) to the smart vandal proof ones, to match the one for my starter button........the thing is i can only seem to find push to make switches in that style and not double throw ones.

i can figure out how to make a relay latch on with a momentry contact, but i dont know if its possible to reset the relay with the same button.......(capacitor discharge maybe)

any electronics gurus out there to offer me any advice , circuit diagrams , or send me some ready made pbc's.... :)

thanks in advance ......

wallet is bulging ready for saturday!

Hi,

I've just been looking on the Maplin web site http://www.maplin.co.uk/ , they sell a small latching relay part number NG65V. you can use it as the latch to run a larger relay. If you want to make somthing of your own then I came up with the following.

If all has worked then there should be a JPG attached to this posting.

This should work, When you power up, the reset circuit makes sure that all your lights and things are off.

When you push the button, the output from pin 12 of the IC goes hi and thus the relay will turn on.

When you push the button again, pin 12 will go low and the relay will turn off and so on.

The LED is there to let you know if your switch is on or off.

The zener is there to stop the whole lot blowing up when you get a spike on the battary line.

I havn't built this circuit but I have simulated it and it works.

All the best.

Guy.

post-8-1046858153.jpg

Guest owenpilson

just what i was looking for cheers...... i did electronics over 10 years ago so ive forgoton it all now......

looks like its a trip to maplin for some vero board and some components.....

thanks again.

p.s. i hope it works.......

it would be an awful lot easier if someone made the vandal proof switches with a two way action. SPDT