Insurance Issues

Guest Ben Salt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest irishbob

i tried to get a quote from roadsure but they werent interested when i declared my diabetes which is controled with tablets. my ordinary insurance is with CHURCHILLS its £192.15 fully comp. i have 9 years no claims bonus with kit car,but there you are.

Guest irishbob

hi mitch have they declared the diabetes to the ins co not every company asks? if they dont ask you could be insured until you try to claim i insist that its on the back of my ins cert

Guest super-duper-millionaire

I was insured on t'old jester at 17 first car unlimited milage for £690inc breakdown cover with graham sykes.

I hope they aint stopped covering people like us, because If so i've just wasted lots of money on my SS.

got a quote for a traders policy for myself, but they wont be able to cover a kit car fully comp.

£2k TPFT for any car excluding "supercars" (examples given were porche ferrari) for business usage (servicing people's cars on the side)

Quote was for a 20yr old. (i will be soon)

Guest Ben Salt

Have given up until easter at the earliest, not got time to try and sort it out atm.

Dunno, will see what I can come up with then, but on current experience its not looking like i'll get anything below about £1500

• 2 weeks later...
Guest super-duper-millionaire

Hi people,

Just to let you know, i've spoken to Graham Sykes and they don't want to insure me on a robin hood now.

SO it looks like im going to have to pull the old thrid party driving "dads car" trick :-s

How bloody rediculous, I even got a quote prior to buying the car.

Grrrrr.

Guest tom2b

thats bad, im 19, 20 in the summer and havent even tried getting a quote yet. was going to get my dad to insure it in his name and drive it third party from my insurance policy. Recently found out norwich union are withdrawing there third party cover when you drive someone elses car, i have only got that left until july. If you find any good companies let me know aswell!