Windscreen Position

Guest Rich

Just when you thought it was safe I'm back with another question about my windscreen.......

As a rule of thumb where on the scuttle is the best position for it to be mounted ?......is there an ideal distance to set it from the wiper spindles ?

I promise not to answer this question myself this time...... :rolleyes:

Guest Taffy Rob

If you intend fitting a hood, the distance from rear panel over the roll over bar to the top of the windscreen should be 66 inches, and this should determine where you fit the screen. Although apparently this measurement may be hard to acheive! :rolleyes:

Probably best to make the screen up and try it in place before any drilling etc!

I read somewhere recently that the angle of the screen is important too in order to get side screens to fit correctly. Can someone confirm the measurement from the horizontal bar behind the seats, in a straight line forwards to the bottom of the screen on the bonnet.

The two measurements together should give me (and others!) the correct angle too.

In theory (I hope) the angle is dictated by the supports. The bottom edge of the support should be parallel to the line between the bonnet/scuttle and the side panel. This gives the angle and the 66 inch measurement should then locate the whole thing. Please could someone confirm that this is right coz that's how I fitted my screen. I haven't got it on at the mo (SVA to come) so I just had it all temporarily fitted with self tappers. Hopefully if it's wrong these holes will still be covered by the supports if they have to move. I'd just like confirmation before I drill bigger holes for a more substantial fastener.

Iain

The best start point is to fit the screen base as close as possible to the demister vents,

allowing only just enough room to fit your own style of louvres.

The fitment of the bonnet also affects the 66" length, I've seen widely different

overlaps at the top of the dash. If need be you can rake the pillars back a little,

but it really is just trial & error once you have the hood available.

Bob

Guest 2BBoulton

If like me you buy a hood (2b) with the windsceen fitted but no weather gear fitted you may find yourself in the 'lucky' position of not having to fit the hood bars as the hood will rest tightly on the roll bar when popped on. :ph34r: