Exhausting

Les Welsher

While driving around in the sunsine today I passed my local S/S exhaust centre so I stopped off to get a quote for a new system. I said I wanted something that will look nice and be not so noisy. After looking at the car he said the mild steel exhaust box I had on there at the moment was fitted the wrong way around, it should be one pipe in and the two pipes out, then explained the make up of the box, which was correct as I have cut it open to fit some baffles for the SVA.

He then said he could make one for me using the higher grade s/s pipes (as it would be on show) 2 into 1 where it exits the body, with a polished s/s silencer (looked very nice) for £199 + vat :( :( .

I then drove the 12 miles or so to the local Long Life exhaust centre in Cardiff, for the same kind of system there it was £289 + vat, :( :( :(

Has anyone got any solutions to aquire a nice exhaust without burning a hole in my wallet.

Les

Jim,

thanks for asking for me, I think the 2 into 1 is going to be the expensive bit as they need to fit two bent pipes exiting from the body then going into one, (time consuming).

I might wait and see if I can get something to fit at the next show.

Did you get a Wunoff exhaust for your car today ?

Les

Guest Bazwaz

Jim,

If you went to Wunoff via the A650 through Bingley you would have gone past my front door, if i'd have known earlier i'd have invited you in for a cuppa.

Barry.

Guest Greg

There's a wunoff "can" advertised on the WSSC parts board for £99,

As Above will fit SBD Manifold, vgood condition repacked last year. 2yrs old

May be worth looking at if you could knock 'em down a few quid ? :ph34r: