Where Can I Get These Bits?

Guest GJM

Hello, I will be shortly aquiring a RH Exmo. I need a couple of bits to tidy things up can someone help either with the bits or with info on where to find them at the best price. 1: the trim which goes along the front edge of the bonnet in a shiny finish to match the stainless steel. 2: a pair of wing mirrors in chrome/stainless of the right angle that will fit in the region of the windscreen fixing bracket on the side of the bulkhead, this is to replace a pair of sierra mirrors already fitted, so something with a large base to cover existing screw holes would be nice.

Thanks, a Robin Hood newbie.

HI GJM.

Bonnet edge trim can be bought direct from Robinb Hood subsiduary Lolocost.

Link Here

Re wing Mirrors. There are many about - Some not cheap. Do a serach on the forum or I'm sure someone else will answer. - I also need some decent wing mirrors!!

Cheers & welcome

Lee

Guest salty_monk

Tiger mirrors are good but the chrome finish on the stems isn't great (mine are showing rust spots already after 6 months or so) & the base is tiny as it's just an M10 bolt head so will not cover any more than it's own hole...

Cost £40 direct from Tiger :rolleyes:

Guest stalwart
STALWART ..........Where did you get the side screen hinges I can see in your pic?

racer. 'fraid to say I have no idea - I didn't build the car unfortunately - Ant Allen did.........I haven't seen Ant on the Forum for a while now - last heard he'd bought himself an big, black muscle car...............But I think he's still a member of the Forum - Ant....>?????

sorry I can't be more helpful - but will take a closer pic or two now I've redesigned the side screen retaining mechanism with 25mm webbing and velcro - works a treat!

Stu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

I expect to get shot down in flames for suggesting this, but -

Arent the hinge parts upside down? They appear to be to me !

I need better mirrors - cant see anything past the nearside screen support - these look to be the answer to my needs.

If you dont get something to cover the existing mounting holes, buy some polished stainless socket head capscrews from the next show and use them as a disguise to fill the holes. They arent cheap but under a fiver should see the job done easily and quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ant

Nargh - They're not up side down at all. They're not conventional "lift off" hinges. They're stainless butt hinges from RS components, with the pins knocked out and longer ones fitted made from stainless rod. In Stewart's photo the pins are still in.

Ant