It Came Off In My Hand!

Guest red7

Hard to read but it looks like my Sierra 2Lt Engine, Type 9 - 5 speed Gearbox, Cortina 2 Lt Propshaft and Cortina "lt Backaxle should be OK but we will Know soon when I try to fit them together. B)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew. Out she comes! Well that's the engine out, I am going to fit a new sump while the engine is hanging on the jib. I suppose I will have to get under the car and remove the speedo and clutch cables. Is it just a couple of bolts securing the gearbox?

post-7-1113070278.jpg

Hi Steve

Looks like your having fun there :rolleyes:

Speedo cable even more fun to do :wacko: ended up cutting a hole in the tunnel to get the dam circlip in :angry:

Yes just a couple of bolts holding the gearbox mount to the floor and then one bolt holding the mount to the box.

Thought you'd be impressed. Fact is my S7 gearbox was completely boxed in, the guy who built it should have made an access hatch to the filler plug. Also, I did not have any oil leaks so assumed all was well.

Guest chris brown

Steve

Before you go looking for yet another g/box I believe he electric spedo drive can be taken out and the mechanical one put in and I think you put a cap that’s a bit like a core plug in the hole left on the nearside. The electric drive was in the grandad.