Help Wanted

Guest scotty g

Guest scotty g

Can anyone help me or recomend any useful sites. Its my dads 60th birthday this year, in his youth during the 1960s he was a keen and fairly successful motorbike racer, he had the good fortune to race the Isle Of Man a few times on his Manx Norton (i wish he still had it). He was on the verge of getting sponsorship and making the big time but he met a woman (my mum) and had a family instead.

His name is Robert (Bob) Grimson and during his racing days lived in a village called Combe Martin in North Devon.

As a birthday present i would love to be able to get some news articles, photos, paper cuttings, that sort of thing and make up a scrap book for him. He used to have all sorts of stuff including his trophies but much of it has been lost.

If any one can help i would really appreciate it. Cheers. Scotty G.

Guest Steve.G

Scotty

Have you tried here - LINK - seems like an interesting place to start. Some of the photo companies may come up trumps.

Good Luck - and a great idea

Steve.G

Guest scotty g

Thanks Steve, got a good result from the link you gave me. Got three photos and a book with dad in on the way to me soon. Cheers.

Guest Steve.G

Scotty

Excellent news - amazing what you can find on the internet hidden in all the rubbish :p

Glad to be able to help.

Steve.G