Barkston Heath 2005

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Battery Bill

James

You need better Tyres listen to the squeals :lol: :lol:

I bet with a good set of treads it will make a lot of difference oh and get rid of Pete as well :lol: :lol:

(Joeys Going to watch in September instead of being ballast) :lol: :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

you can see what i mean about the tyres then :wub: there the ones that the guy who had it before me put on

rizla, try downloading AVI preview

Guest salty_monk

Seem to remember mine were fairly noisy last year too.. Grip wasn't so bad though. They were Kumho Powermax running at 20.5. & 21 PSI

You'll struggle to get anything really good (Like Toyo Proxes, Yoko's etc) in 14" but you might find F1's. Pretty sure I had them on an estate car with 14" wheels....

Guest docter fox

mine are hankook something at the moment, and only the rs2000 wheels are only 13 inch ;)

whats the best tyre pressure to run? and why different on front and back? harder on the front or rear? :wub:

Guest chris brown

Nice one James its a good piece of film but as you say you need better tyres as those Hankook's are a budget tyre as for pressure I had 20 front 22 rear with 195/50/15 normally run 19f 20r on the road.

Guest salty_monk

Yep - about 20 or 20.5 & 21 for me, slightly harder on the rear as it weighs more.... Tyre pressure make a lot of difference I could go round some corners at Barkston a good 10mph faster just by dropping them down from 23 or 24 ish (can't remember what I had them set at initially but it was about that with a plan to let them down progressively).

Bob T tried even lower last year but after these figures the handling went so he pumped back up again..

Dan

Guest salty_monk
my camera mount may have looked a bit crude but it doesnt wobble as much as yours

That'll be fixed then... (see earlier post...) :)

Guest docter fox

if the camera wasnt attached to it I would have taken a picture as it was a true piece of handywork :lol: dont suppose anyone else did? I'll put it back on tomorrow and use a different camera to take a pic

I used the soft hand strap thing and put it underneath the camera to stop the vibrations and then just gaffa taped it on at the top and bottom of each side and a piece to hold it against the windscreen, looked a bit dodgy but I'm impressed as to how it worked :D

Guest alan rowe

sounds and looks like you guys had a great time - shame I missed it but was going off on holiday

looks like Riz has a serious new challenger -- my 8 pot can sit back and watch them fight it out

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ant.b

hi all

i finally managed to upload a few laps from barkston 05 :D , to my site, feel free to pick holes in my drivin! i to had probs with squeeling tyres but never got round to adjusting the pressures,to see if it made any differance, so will experiment next time!!

ant