Main Dealer Servicing

Guest red7

Guest red7

I took my company Focus TDCi in for service at the local main dealer. I have an overdrive card with a £300 limit on it. I received a call from the dealer at 3.00 PM "Your service will cost £350 could we exceed your limit". I asked how a £120 service had jumped to £350. "Your brake disks are corroded and need replacing". I told them I was on my way to have a look and had a camera as they were fine at the weekend when I had cleaned the alloys. When I arrived I was told by the service manager "Your disks are OK just a bit worn, it's these high performance race derived sintered metal high abrasive non-asbestos pads and ventilated disks they fit these days to blame" So I caught them out and they had a load of waffle to "baffle me with bull *bleep*". I will not be back. :gdit: Anyone had a similar experience?

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Not just Ford either - VW Polo service - £245, Renualt Scenic service - £380, Audi A4 service - £900. Admittedly all were with 'the extras'. I now have a Skoda Fabia. Last full service - £68!

Guest paul2

:angry: i hade probs with toomey nissan on servicing my navara, thay did not have a clue in repairing it, it went back 3 times with air con probs and all it needed was charging up (i told then that when i droped it off for service). it also went back after main service two times to have it serviced propley, manger said was very sorry it will never happen again, next service it went back for a oil change again as it was missed, manger said very sorry will never happen again,(heard this before) and fitter is going on a corse so he would know next time. never been back since. :unsure:

Guest bobr

Took my Nissan Terrano for 36000 Approx 3 year service, got a phone call to say brake pipes badly corroded need replacing £450. Phoned nissan main office to ask if this was a common thing, they phoned back later telling me they had phoned dealer to change them free of charge. Roll forward nearly 3 years and 72000 mile service on picking car up was informed brake pipes would need changing before next MOT.Bugger that,I had used dealer for the other MOTs but when due took it to independant centre. When picking it up he asked if I used it off road, no I replied why, Its just that the brakes pipes look as though they have been replaced they look brand new.